Two Colorado men take out dead friend’s body out for drinksSeptember 17th, 2011 - 1:45 pm ICT by BNO News
DENVER, COLORADO (BNO NEWS) — Two Colorado men have been arrested for allegedly taking their friend’s dead body out for drinks and later using his bank card at a local strip club, officials said on Friday.
Robert Jeffrey Young, 43, and Mark Rubinson, 25, in late August took the body of their dead roommate, Jeffrey Jarrett, and placed him in a car. They then took him to a bar and drove him around before using his ATM card at local strip club in Glendale, Colorado, the Denver Post reported.
Being friends since college students at Colorado State University, Jarrett, a father and real estate professional, had offered Young to stay at his southeast Denver home until he could find a job to get back on his feet, a relative of Jarrett told the media outlet.
On August 27, Young arrived late at night and found Jarrett unresponsive but, rather than making an emergency call to authorities and/or his relatives, he drove the body to a restaurant where Rubinson had been working.
They later returned to Jarrett’s home, placed him in Rubinson’s car, drove him out to Teddy T’s bar and grill restaurant, as the pair drank on Jarrett’s tab. They later stopped at Sam No. 3 before dropping off the body at his home, the news report said.
However, the pair kept Jarrett’s bank card, went out to eat at Mexican restaurant Viva Burrito and used around $400 dollars at Shotgun Willie’s, a local strip club. At around 4 a.m. local time, Young and Rubinson flagged down the police and told an officer that Jarrett might be dead at his home.
According to Denver Detective Ranjan Ford, the pair was obviously aware that Jarrett was dead while all three of them were at Teddy T’s bar and grill. Denver Police Department spokesman Sonny Jackson, meanwhile, described the crime as bizarre and unfortunate. Both Young and Rubinson were charged with abusing a corpse, identity theft, and criminal impersonation, the Denver Post reported. They have since been freed on bond.
Young is scheduled to appear in court on September 27, and Rubinson on October 4. Neither of them are being charged for the death of Jarrett, which is still to be determined through a toxicology test.
- Mika floors Jeff Jarrett with his tunes (With Images) - Jan 27, 2012
- Kenny McKinley Was Not Suicidal, Says Coach Josh McDaniels - Sep 22, 2010
- Chipotle Mexican Grill Offers Free Burritos On Halloween - Nov 01, 2009
- iPad thieves rip off part of Colorado man's finger at Denver-area mall - Apr 20, 2010
- Batman movie premiere turns deadly in Denver, 12 dead (Fifth Lead, changing dateline) - Jul 20, 2012
- Russian kept female corpses at home, dressed them as dolls - Nov 08, 2011
- Chipotle facing ICE Inspection And Lawsuit - Feb 05, 2011
- Dhoble trying to kill Mumbai's nightlife: B-town - Jun 12, 2012
- Moscow to host strip show for charity - Nov 12, 2011
- Bieber's pink underwear exposed - Nov 24, 2011
- Gordon Ramsay stretchered off the field after a tackle from Teddy Sheringham at Soccer Aid - May 30, 2012
- Jazz musicians in Delhi mix new sounds with new venues (Feature) (With images) - Jul 23, 2012
- Academic failure triggered US cinema shooting: Prosecutors - Aug 26, 2012
- US porn star, lover beat tattoo shop owner to death - May 22, 2012
- Colorado Restaurants Apparently Immune From Egg Recall - Aug 20, 2010
Tags: atm card, being friends, bno, club officials, colorado men, colorado state university, criminal impersonation, dead friend, dead roommate, denver police department, denver post, department spokesman, emergency call, glendale colorado, jeffrey jarrett, jeffrey young, late august, ranjan ford, robert jeffrey, shotgun willie