Texas bank robber shows 2 IDs while robbingMarch 16th, 2011 - 11:35 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Dallas, Mar 16 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A bank robber was dumb enough to oblige when a teller told him to show his ID. He did not only show an ID, in fact he gave the teller two valid IDs that instantly gave him away.
Nathan Wayne Pugh of Sachse was trying to rob a teller of a Dallas branch of Wells Fargo Bank in July. The teller demanded that Nathan should hand over a valid ID for the money to be given to him. He obliged and handed his Wells Fargo debit card along with his state ID. Nathan was arrested just moments later when he tried to flee the bank with the $800 that he was given.
Nathan was arraigned before court and pleaded guilty to robbery charges when he appeared before the court in October. He was sentenced on his own plea to more than eight years behind bars on Tuesday.
This is not the first time that Nathan has had a brush with the law for robbery. He was convicted on two aggravated robbery charges and was on parole when he robbed the bank.
- Robber rode skateboard to banks in Mexico - Feb 01, 2012
- Serial bank robber William Easley turns himself in to the police - Oct 20, 2010
- Two Arrested In San Jose For Allegedly Setting Up Bank Robbery - Jan 08, 2011
- Robber decked in 'Darth Vader' outfit robs a bank - Jul 26, 2010
- Man robs bank & then offers $1K for a ride - Nov 03, 2010
- This year's best 'dumb criminal' tales so far (The Funny Side) - Aug 17, 2012
- Robber forgets to put on mask before robbing a bank - Aug 22, 2010
- Skateboarder Flees Following San Diego's Comercia Bank Heist - Jul 19, 2010
- Pulitzer prize winning photographer foils bank robbery attempt by a beer hug winning - Apr 16, 2010
- Skateboarder bandit flees after a San Diego bank heist - Jul 19, 2010
- New York Police Arrests 'Bouquet Bandit' Edward Pemberton - Jul 22, 2010
- Man returned to beer after bank robbery - Dec 23, 2011
- Arizona man pleads guilty for robbing bank with fake bomb - Mar 12, 2010
- Montana Bank Robber Calls "Getaway" Taxi Cab - Oct 28, 2010
- Wells Fargo to charge $3 fee per month for debit cards - Aug 17, 2011