Teen’s baggy pants save him from gator biteApril 7th, 2011 - 11:42 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Florida, April 7 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A teenager from Florida says his baggy pants saved him from an alligator bite. The 17-year-old was returning from work when the reptile struck.
Kendrick Williams of St. Petersburg narrated his ordeal to abcactionnews.com. He told the website that as he walked home he heard some strange sound behind him. When he turn he saw the alligator which he says was at least six foot long right behind him.
According to Kendrick, the animal took a strike at him but only caught his baggy pants. He managed to escape the scene with no injuries to his body. Kendrick’s mother, Tanita Murray, was all praise for the baggy pants that her son was wearing.
She said that, “That was the advantage of wearing baggy pants that day. It’s dangerous. If a toddler had been standing there, it (the alligator) would have bit his neck or head.”
Wildlife officials in Florida have confirmed that there are several alligators in a pond at the scene where the incident happened.
Kendrick’s story would no doubt come up when lawmakers in the state converge to resume debate on a proposal to ban public school students from wearing baggy pants.
- Alligator chomps off hand that fed it - Jul 30, 2012
- Man charged after losing hand to alligator - Jul 30, 2012
- Alligator attacks police car - May 04, 2011
- Fearless cat sends alligator packing with one strike of its paw - Nov 18, 2010
- 7-Feet Long Gator Found In A Tampa Middle School - Jun 08, 2010
- 3-Foot Alligator Unearthed In A City Of Massachusetts - Aug 24, 2010
- Alligator Wrangler Bob nabs a 3-foot gator from the Chicago River - Aug 26, 2010
- Meet the planet's most powerful biters - Mar 19, 2012
- Latest extreme sport: Alligator wrestling! - Mar 11, 2010
- Police shoot at a fake gator - Jun 08, 2011
- Brazilian woman finds alligator behind her living room sofa - Feb 24, 2011
- Florida Governor Charlie Crist To Announce His Senatorial Plans For The Future - Apr 29, 2010
- Kenderick Meek Wins Over Jeff Greene At Florida Democrat Primary - Aug 25, 2010
- Murray nearly filmed naked in shower for Head Tennis ad campaign - Apr 16, 2011
- Alligator found in a Brampton home backyard - May 24, 2012
Tags: 17 year old, alligator, alligators, baggy pants, gator bite, kendrick williams, lawmakers, no doubt, ordeal, proposal, public school students, reptile, st petersburg, strange sound, tanita, teenager, wildlife officials