Student leaves $172,000 violin on busDecember 24th, 2011 - 12:14 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Philadelphia, Dec 23 (THAINDIAN NEWS) When you are traveling with a special violin worth $172,000, chances are that you will hold it as tight and as close as possible. Well that is not always the case because a student got careless with one and left it in a bus.
Muchen Hsieh, who says the violin was borrowed from the Chi Mei Culture Foundation in Taiwan, was in a bus from Boston to Philadelphia. To make matters worse, the 176-year-old violin cannot be found and the police are asking for the public to volunteer information.
Muchen who is a New England Conservatory student says she has been in contact with Megabus to determine if the musical instrument has been seen. If not found, Muchen says she cannot continue in her study because that is what she majors.
She said that, “I’m a violin major, so I really hope that the person that took it can give it back to me so I can continue my studies because right now, I can’t do anything.”
Police speculate that whoever took the violin might not know the value of it. The public is urged to help locate the age-long instrument. Police say the instrument could be brought to the station and no questions will be asked.
- Stradivarius violin returned after being lost - Jul 31, 2012
- Violin from Titanic band found - Jan 31, 2012
- Parents must expose kids to Indian culture: L. Subramanian - Jan 12, 2011
- Emoticons - the new language for youngsters to express their love! - Feb 14, 2011
- Bristol Palin buys her first home for $172K in Arizona - Dec 25, 2010
- Intelligentsia condemns Viswa-Bharati incident - Jul 10, 2012
- Greyfriars Bobby who kept vigil at master's grave was a hoax stunt - Aug 03, 2011
- Delhi girl's murder: Suspect's sketch released - Mar 09, 2011
- Joseff Edwards is a student cum school bus driver - Dec 02, 2011
- Bus rider jams cell phones on bus with his personal jammer - Mar 02, 2012
- Donations pour in after video of bullied NY bus monitor goes viral - Jun 23, 2012
- 15 killed in Afghanistan road accident - Nov 12, 2011
- Catya Washington Arrested With Drugs And Guns - Nov 06, 2010
- Kolkata rape: Suspect's fiancee offers help to police - Feb 21, 2012
- Train accidents on the decline, asserts Mamata - Aug 20, 2010