Squatter Kenneth Robinson vacates his $16 homeFebruary 7th, 2012 - 11:03 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Flower Mound, Feb 7 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Squatter Kenneth Robinson’s luck ran out on Monday when he had to vacate his upscale house which was worth more than $300,000. The history is that Kenneth Robinson found an empty house in the Dallas suburb and he laid claim to it.
Even though the house was worth more than $300,000 yet Kenneth was unfazed and he even legalized things by filing a claim in court. The cost of the claim was a mere $16 and soon Kenneth became a local celebrity as the owner of an upscale house by spending a mere $16.
He even made himself comfortable in the house, as he got furniture and also ironically hung a “No Trespassing” sign on the front of the house. He even appeared on TV and also created a site www.16dollarhouse.com
Kenneth also monetized his squatting knowledge by writing a squatting guide for other would-be squatters and he sold this in the form of an e-book on his website. Even TV crews were requested to cover the whole episode and they were also allowed inside the house. Kenneth also offered training and advice to other would-be squatters on his website.
However Bank of America foreclosed the house in January and they moved the court to get Kenneth out of the house. The judge appealed in their favor and asked Kenneth Robinson to move out till the 13th of February. However he moved out much earlier and his present address is not known.
- Indian leaves British home, only to find squatters on return - Oct 21, 2010
- Migrant squatters double in London - Jun 10, 2012
- US soldier serving in Iraq loses home because of debt - May 29, 2010
- Dr Death traces found in dead skier Jonathan Myles Robinson's blood - Mar 24, 2011
- Gypsies move into immigration officer's home while she was away at Proms - Aug 18, 2011
- Nepalese government evacuates hundreds of squatters from Kathmandu - May 08, 2012
- Army officer begs for euthanasia - Jun 15, 2012
- Putin's timepieces - Jun 11, 2012
- Builders ads' claim that foreclosures are not bargains - Mar 09, 2011
- Shilpa Shetty's estate taken over by squatter gang - May 28, 2011
- Boxer Evander Holyfield forced to move out of his foreclosed home - Jul 10, 2012
- 16 Chinese held in kidney transplant racket - Mar 01, 2012
- Athletic's Oscar de Marcos pens new deal - Jan 05, 2012
- ebook gadgets help popularise literary classics - Dec 27, 2010
- Squatters in UK mansions proclaim themselves real slumdog millionaires - Jan 23, 2009