Skateboarder Flees After Committing Bank Heist in San DiegoJuly 19th, 2010 - 7:42 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
July 19 (THAINDIAN NEWS) According to authorities in San Diego, California, a man who was holding a skateboard held a local bank teller up at by showing his gun, and demanded cash, which he stuffed into his backpack before fleeing on his skateboard last Monday.
Law enforcement officials are investigating the very typical bank robbery, made by the usual masked robber with and unusual get away plan. The suspect walked into Comercia Bank carrying a skateboard, which he used to flee the scene of the crime, instead of the usual car or other motor vehicle.
The bank robber was said to have been wearing a dark hat, dark “skater style” shoes, a backpack, and had his face covered with a green paisley bandanna. His shirt, pants, and gloves were all said to be black. A semi-automatic weapon was hidden under his shirt, which he showed to the teller when he demanded money.
The skateboarding bank robber made off with an undisclosed amount of cash. He was described as a thin man, between the ages of twenty and thirty. There were very little other details given other than he was “dark-skinned” and that his skateboard had two “flips” at one end. Regardless of the comical sound of his new nickname, the “skateboard bandit”, the man committed armed robbery and should be considered dangerous.
- Skateboarder Flees Following San Diego's Comercia Bank Heist - Jul 19, 2010
- Skateboarder bandit flees after a San Diego bank heist - Jul 19, 2010
- Skateboard Bandit Flees With Money From San Diego Bank - Jul 19, 2010
- Robber rode skateboard to banks in Mexico - Feb 01, 2012
- Robber decked in 'Darth Vader' outfit robs a bank - Jul 26, 2010
- Serial bank robber "old man bandit" sentenced to 13 years in prison - Jul 31, 2010
- Texas bank robber shows 2 IDs while robbing - Mar 16, 2011
- Granddad Bandit's Photos Made Available - Feb 23, 2010
- Robber 'Mummy' with a hatchet sought in gas station robbery - Feb 23, 2011
- Robber Gives $100 Bills To Strangers After Robbing Bank - May 05, 2010
- Pakistanis kill two shop robbers - Jul 19, 2012
- Two Arrested In San Jose For Allegedly Setting Up Bank Robbery - Jan 08, 2011
- New York Police Arrests 'Bouquet Bandit' Edward Pemberton - Jul 22, 2010
- Bank Robber Forgets Mask, Caught On Security Camera - Aug 24, 2010
- Man robs bank & then offers $1K for a ride - Nov 03, 2010
Tags: automatic weapon, backpack, bandit, bank heist, bank robber, bank robbery, bank teller, dark hat, flips, gloves, last monday, law enforcement officials, local bank, motor vehicle, san diego california, scene of the crime, skateboard, skater style, thin man, typical bank