Scottish chef creates Venison ice creamOctober 4th, 2011 - 12:19 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Stockholm, Oct 3 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A Scottish restaurant has come up with the first venison ice cream in the world. The chef who is responsible for the invention says he got lucky with the creation. The creation was made when local chef Julien Miran decided to take part in a contest organized by the restaurant Cow Shed.
The contest was to honor this year’s Royal Deeside and Cairngorms Venison Festival. The delicacy has indeed turned out to be a hit because several of the customers who have tasted it say they like it.
Miran told reporters that, “We were just trying to make something different from the usual venison dish and thought about ice cream. Venison and juniper berries work together very well for a main course so we thought it could be nice as well for ice cream.”
Miran came up with the dish after he mixed the venison and milk. After he got the resulting product, Miran turned it into ice and placed it on a cone for an ice cream. After his creation, Miran admitted that though it did taste good, he wouldn’t take it as a dessert because it was too heavy. He suggested that it should be added to the main course.
- Dine on Nobel 2010 spread for Rs.8,000 - Oct 16, 2011
- Rashtrapati Bhavan chefs to learn cooking fish Bengali style? - Jul 22, 2012
- Singapore Sling Brings Victory To Kevin Sbraga - Sep 16, 2010
- For your tastebuds - food from Tagore's home (Eating Out With IANS) - Aug 11, 2011
- Delhi samples exotic flavours of Ecuador (With Image) - Oct 17, 2010
- Larry Forgione's Son, Mark Forgione Is The Next Iron Chef - Nov 22, 2010
- Chubritza to lokum, delightfully Turkish - in Kolkata! (Eating Out With IANS) - Jun 12, 2011
- British queen to feast on offal - Jun 17, 2010
- Apple in toffee syrup or marshmallows? Take your Easter pick - Apr 05, 2012
- Michelin chef's Spanish delights with local Indian produce (Eating Out With IANS) - Dec 06, 2011
- A mouthful of 'tricolour' dishes (With Images) - Aug 13, 2012
- San Francisco Chef Yigit Pura Wins "Top Chef: Just Desserts" - Nov 18, 2010
- Chef's table week, unique concept taking root in India (With Images) - Feb 19, 2012
- Special menus in Mumbai hotels for Republic Day - Jan 24, 2012
- Culinary delights of walled city with five-star comfort (With Images) - Feb 10, 2012