School coach driver sacked for playing Sudoku while drivingNovember 29th, 2011 - 10:24 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Nov 29 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A school bus driver in London has been sacked for playing Sudoku while riding. A 12-year-old student brought the dangerous behavior of the unidentified driver to the fore when he secretly snapped him playing the Japanese puzzle game while driving a bus full of school children.
The incident has horrified parents and school officials alike. The mother of the unnamed child who took the picture told reporters that, “When I saw the photo I was really shocked. Not only was he driving, he also had children on the coach and was responsible for their safety. My son was on that bus and the safety of the children has got to come first. He said the driver had his pen out and his head down while the coach was moving, doing Sudoku. It was in traffic so it probably wasn’t at a high speed, but it was definitely moving.”
The mother said she is very happy with the action that the school took against the wayward driver because of the potential danger that he placed the children in.
The driver worked for the Cavendish Liner Coach Company and transported pupils of Ferndown Upper and Middle schools in Dorset. The school said they still have confidence in the coach company and will continue to seek their services.
The driver was responsible for driving children aged 9 to 16 years through the busy streets of London.
- Joseff Edwards is a student cum school bus driver - Dec 02, 2011
- Bus driver orders passengers off after woman spills coffee - Mar 07, 2012
- Drunk Brit-Indian school bus driver who sliced roof off double-decker avoids jail - Sep 18, 2010
- Court demands criminal action in school girl's death case (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Jayalalithaa orders action against school bus operators - Jul 26, 2012
- Court queries school girl's death in Tamil Nadu (Lead) - Jul 26, 2012
- Tamil Nadu school girl death: Motor vehicle inspector arrested - Jul 27, 2012
- Maths genius creates hardest Sudoku yet - Aug 19, 2010
- Parents 'pass on road-rage habits' - Mar 14, 2011
- China to punish obstruction of school bus - Apr 11, 2012
- Italy's cruise ship captain 'was like a Ferrari driver' - Jan 18, 2012
- Buses in Argentine town set to be driven exclusively by women - Apr 27, 2011
- Google's new application can solve Sudoku - Jan 11, 2011
- Boy killed in school bus crash - Sep 10, 2012
- School bars footballs from playground - Sep 23, 2011
Tags: coach company, coach driver, confidence, dangerous behavior, dorset, high speed, japanese puzzle, middle schools, parents, photo, potential danger, pupils, puzzle game, school bus driver, school coach, school officials, streets of london, sudoku, traffic, unnamed child