Sandyford’s abattoir worker killed by falling carcassNovember 18th, 2011 - 8:54 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Nov 18 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A 23-year-old worker at an abattoir was apparently killed by a falling carcass. Officials say the man met his bizarre death after the accident left him with a serious head injury. The victim has not been named by the police who say the incident happened on Thursday at about 11:45 a.m.
The police have announced investigation into the incident. The man was rushed to the hospital shortly after the accident but hospital officials pronounced him dead shortly after he was sent in. The accident is probably one of the bizarre that to take a person’s life.
The accident has raised some safety issues at abattoirs. BBC reports that British safety and health officials are looking for ways to improve the safety at the other abattoirs in the country.
The incident happened at the Sandyford Abattoir which is located at Paisley. After the incident, the man was rushed to the Royal Alexandra Hospital where all attempts to revive him failed. He was pronounced dead shortly after he was taken to the hospital.
Hospital officials say the man died from the injury that he sustained from the accident. Officials did not name the man because they wanted to notify the family first.
- Man killed when human cannonball stunt goes awry - Apr 26, 2011
- Man dies after falling into tortilla mixing machine - Jan 25, 2011
- Tributes paid to 15 years old footballer Huw Thatcher - Mar 15, 2011
- Defendant shoots German prosecutor dead in court - Jan 12, 2012
- NHRC issues notice to Delhi government, power discom - Sep 05, 2012
- Man killed in Delhi - Nov 18, 2011
- Man dies after kite's string cuts his throat - Nov 10, 2011
- Man crushed to death - Jan 14, 2011
- Man seriously burnt after self immolation (Lead) - Aug 23, 2011
- Speeding train kills 1, injures 3 in Assam - Apr 17, 2012
- Pedestrian stabbed for shouting at rash driver - Nov 26, 2011
- Man killed, brother hurt in Ghaziabad road accident - Jun 23, 2010
- Drunk driver kills 6 pedestrians in southern Bulgaria - Apr 25, 2011
- Indian man killed for taking too long in toilet - Jan 30, 2012
- Ganesh procession: One dead, six hurt as balcony collapses - Sep 11, 2011