Ryanair CEO: ‘We are serious about charging a toilet fee’April 10th, 2010 - 8:30 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Apr 10 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Even though the move by Ryanair to charge a toilet fee, has come under a lot of fire, but now its CEO O’Leary has confirmed that it was not a mere publicity gimmick or stunt. He says that they are very serious about the proposal, and are also moving forward with it.” We are serious about it,” according to the Ryanair CEO O’Leary.
And this is not all, as there are other plans also afoot to streamline the entire fleet of planes and make all of them more cost effective. Because besides this, they also have plans to reduce the number of toilets on the plane, in a bid to re-use that much space to seat more passengers. So Ryanair is now asking Boeing to redesign the cabins, and to reduce the number of toilets on board.
Soon the on-board passengers would have access to just one toilet, which would be coin-operated and would service all the 189 passengers on board. The airline is thinking about levying a fee of one pound or one euro per toilet-trip, on flights that are of one hour or of a lesser duration.
According to the reports in the Daily Mail, “no-frills [Ryanair] is working with Boeing to redesign the cabin and develop coin-operated toilets on 168 of its planes. Not content with charging passengers for use of the facilities, the airline is also looking at reducing the number of toilets on board, leaving just one available cubicle for up to 189 passengers.”
- Ryanair confirms that it is going to charge a 'toilet-fee' - Apr 08, 2010
- Ryanair Determined To Charge A Toilet Fee On Its Flights - Apr 08, 2010
- Ryanair To Charge Toilet Fee & Raise Seasonal Luggage Charge - Apr 08, 2010
- Sack airline boss to cut costs, says pilot - Sep 15, 2010
- Ryanair To Charge For Toilet Usage - Apr 08, 2010
- Ryanair pilot's cost cutting idea: replace boss Michael O'Leary - Sep 15, 2010
- Ryanair to offer standing room 'vertical seats' to passengers for just $10 - Jul 03, 2010
- Irish Airline Plans To Remove Seating for "Standing Room Only" Flights - Jul 03, 2010
- Ryanair Slaps Toilet Fee On Fliers To Boost Revenue - Apr 10, 2010
- Airline plans to show porn on flights - Nov 08, 2011
- Ryanair passengers to be charged for peeing! - Apr 08, 2010
- New aircraft seat to cram more passengers - Sep 14, 2010
- Ryanair to axe pilots and train airhostesses to land in crisis - Sep 06, 2010
- RyanAir hostesses 'strip off' for charity - Nov 10, 2010
- Ryanair chief Michael O'Leary poses with porn star - Feb 27, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,