Russian man jailed for assaulting fortune teller who predicted he would go to jailAugust 9th, 2010 - 10:59 pm ICT by BNO News
MOSCOW (BNO NEWS) — A Russian court has sentenced a man to more than two dozen years in prison for assaulting a Gypsy fortune teller who predicted that he would be jailed, local media reported.
Gennady Osipovich was told by the female fortune teller that she saw a “state-owned house” in his future, which is a Russian euphemism for jail, The Moscow Times reported, citing the country’s Investigative Committee.
The woman managed to escape the man, but Osipovich stabbed two unidentified witnesses to death during the assault, which happened in October.
Osipovich was sentenced to 22 years in a maximum-security prison.
- Man jailed for killing flasher in Russia - Jan 26, 2012
- Russian opposition to stage 'March of the Millions' - Mar 18, 2012
- Russian jailed for stabbing driver 34 times - Dec 19, 2011
- Friday the Thirteenth; Can a Mass Belief Cause Bad Luck? - Aug 13, 2010
- Teenager jailed for killing Russian Santa Claus - May 04, 2012
- Russian faces jail for killing his rapist - May 11, 2012
- Russian faces jail for internet sex talk with minor - Aug 07, 2012
- Seven Russian fans remain in Polish custody - Jul 03, 2012
- Russian bombers' helper jailed - May 30, 2012
- Pussy Riot appeals verdict - Aug 28, 2012
- Man jailed for life for killing Russian soldiers - Jun 01, 2012
- Russian ex-cops kidnap, kill Austrian lawyer - Aug 19, 2012
- Russian ex-servicemen sentenced for stealing MiG parts - Jun 20, 2012
- Jailor shot at, escapes unhurt - Jul 27, 2012
- Photographer falls to death at Moscow rally - May 07, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,