Russian ‘genius’ lived with 26 female bodiesNovember 4th, 2011 - 3:08 am ICT by BNO News
NIZHNY NOVGOROD, RUSSIA (BNO NEWS) — Police in the Russian city of Nizhny Novgorod have discovered the remains of more than two dozen women who were dug up from their graves by a man some described as a ‘genius.’
The bodies were found this week in the home of 45-year-old Anatoly Moskvina, who lives alone in the city of Nizhny Novgorod in western Russia. The shocking discovery was made when Moskvina’s parents visited him after returning from a vacation.
Russian media reported that Moskvina kept at least 26 bodies in his small, three-room apartment. They all belong to girls aged between 15 and 26 who died a long time ago as only their skeletons were left.
Life News reported that Moskvina, who is a historian and was also involved in journalism, visited hundreds of cemeteries at night and dug up the bodies with a shovel. He then put the remains in plastic bags and dragged them to his home.
Once the bodies were in his apartment, Moskvina dressed the bodies up as dolls. Photos released by Life News showed one skeleton wearing a dress, stockings and other clothing while another body appeared to have been dressed as a teddy bear.
Moskvina was said to have visited more than 750 cemeteries although it was not immediately clear when he started digging up bodies. On at least one occasion, Moskvina is believed to have slept in a coffin while on other nights he slept on benches at cemeteries.
Some residents described Moskvina as a genius as he speaks 13 languages and has great knowledge of history, which he used to lecture at a local museum. Police arrested Moskvina and later released him, but it was not immediately clear what charges he will face.
- Russian kept female corpses at home, dressed them as dolls - Nov 08, 2011
- FIFA World Cup delegates visit Samara - Jun 22, 2012
- Russian missile maker Almaz Antei expands - Apr 10, 2012
- List of venues for 2018 World Cup to be announced Sep 29 - Sep 05, 2012
- Emergency declared in Russia as wildfires kill 12 - Jul 31, 2010
- Delhi blast: Suspects' sketches released - Sep 07, 2011
- Ammo blast kills six in Russia - May 03, 2012
- Russia to build world's most powerful laser station - Feb 10, 2012
- Russian executed in 1918 cleared 94 years later - Aug 24, 2012
- Mother throws crying baby from 14th floor - Mar 03, 2012
- Russia plans to host 2018 FIFA World Cup in 13 cities - May 07, 2011
- Safin may become Russian president: Sampras - Nov 01, 2011
- Nine killed in Russia wildfire - Jul 30, 2010
- Russia to build two space-defence missile plants - Feb 04, 2012
- Russia declares emergency due to wildfire - Aug 02, 2010
Tags: benches, bno, cemeteries, coffin, dozen women, female bodies, life news, local museum, moskvina, novgorod russia, plastic bags, room apartment, russian city, russian media, shocking discovery, shovel, skeleton, skeletons, western russia, who is a historian