Rooster With Knife Strapped To Its Limbs Kills California ManFebruary 9th, 2011 - 7:03 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Feb 9, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Cockfights can prove fatal not only for the losing one but for humans lined down to watch the sport as well. This is what exactly happened to Jose Luis Ochoa who died on January 30 after being injured while watching a cockfight. A rooster whose limbs were strapped to a knife is believed to have been the cause for the death of the 35 year California man. Sources revealed that investigators had found the whole incident to be an illegal cockfight in the Tulare County.
In a statement released on Wednesday, it has been declared that Jose Luis Ochoa died due to a critical injury on his right calf. Sergeant Martin King added that the bird in all chances had slashed an important artery of the man , adding that never had he witnessed an incident like this before. Reports say that in cases like this if immediate medical aide is provided to the victim, he can also be saved from death, whereas, investigators have divulged that Jose Luis Ochoa had to wait for two hours before receiving medical attention. Sheriff’s spokesman Ray Pruitt told the media that had the man got medical assistance earlier he would have not lost his life. A post mortem report shows that the victim died due to “sharp force injury” on his leg.
Even after the grave incident took place, no body present at the spot took the initiative of reporting the matter to the police fearing that they all would land up behind the bars for having indulged in an illegal cockfight. Police turned up only after they received a complaint from an anonymous source. Until now there have been no arrests made in this connection.
- Man Killed by Rooster at California Cockfight - Feb 09, 2011
- California man killed by bird in a cockfight - Feb 09, 2011
- Rooster kills man in a brutal cockfight - Feb 09, 2011
- 82-year-old Arranger Of Illegal Cockfighting Is Convicted - Aug 13, 2010
- Indian police hunt for a killer rooster - Jan 20, 2011
- Florida transvestite charged with manslaughter after injecting woman's buttocks with cement - Jul 28, 2012
- Man takes deadly leap from roof to stage at concert - Aug 22, 2010
- On Sankranti, cockfights thrive in Andhra despite ban - Jan 15, 2012
- West Bengal hooch deaths rise to 156 - Dec 16, 2011
- Police to question pop star Justin Bieber over alleged assault - May 29, 2012
- Sandyford's abattoir worker killed by falling carcass - Nov 18, 2011
- Hacker held through photos of girlfriend's breasts - Apr 14, 2012
- Court slams police for lax probe into suicide - Apr 29, 2012
- US Police looking for second Arizona shooting suspect - Jan 09, 2011
- Virginia police arrest suspect in Appomattox mass murder - Jan 21, 2010
Tags: anonymous source, california man, cockfight, cockfights, dey, initiative, investigators, jose luis, luis ochoa, madhuri, medical aide, medical assistance, medical attention, post mortem report, rooster, sergeant, spokesman, tulare county