Robbery Attempt Foiled by Clerk With Samurai SwordJanuary 21st, 2011 - 1:42 am ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Jan 20 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A man who was suspected of robbing at least twelve stores around Columbia received the surprise of his life when his last attempt was foiled by a clerk wielding a Samurai sword. According to Sheriff Leon Lott, the suspect, fifty two year old Brad Grayland Vinson was arrested and charged with eleven counts of armed robbery, and one count of kidnapping in the case.
The sheriff states that Vinson was detained after he tried to rob the Shell station which is located at 7441 Parklane Road. During the incident, which occurred on the 13th of January, Vinson was said to have demanded that the store clerk give him cash. Although the robber indicated that he was holding a handgun in the pocket of his clothing, when he tried to go behind the store’s counter, where the clerk stood, the clerk chased the robber out of the store with a Samurai sword.
Although Vinson was able to escape the store and run towards Springtree Drive, a Deputy of Richland County was able to find him hiding in the bushes. He was arrested, and may be faces further charges for his alleged crimes. See the attempted robbery in the video below.
- Clerk foils robbery attempt with sword in SC - Jan 21, 2011
- Man goes berserk with a sword in tattoo parlor - Apr 09, 2011
- Man arrested for using sword to rob pharmacy - Mar 12, 2011
- Man dressed in cow suit robs milk at Walmart - Apr 29, 2011
- Serial bank robber William Easley turns himself in to the police - Oct 20, 2010
- Robber rode skateboard to banks in Mexico - Feb 01, 2012
- Man returned to beer after bank robbery - Dec 23, 2011
- Robber decked in 'Darth Vader' outfit robs a bank - Jul 26, 2010
- Robbery bid at Indian bank in Trinidad and Tobago - Jun 11, 2012
- Thermal, California woman gets off with $6 during armed robbery - Mar 10, 2010
- Texas bank robber shows 2 IDs while robbing - Mar 16, 2011
- Two Arrested In San Jose For Allegedly Setting Up Bank Robbery - Jan 08, 2011
- Secret Testimony By Stars And Celebrities Reveals Losses Suffered Due To "Bling Ring" Robbery - Sep 01, 2010
- Cheryl Cole's brother jailed for 6 years - Mar 12, 2011
- Man robbed at Noida mall, two hurt in shootout - Aug 06, 2012