Robber rode skateboard to banks in MexicoFebruary 1st, 2012 - 12:49 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Mexico City, Jan 31 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A robber with a skateboard tried to rob two banks in Mexico City. Police in Mexico City say the would-be robber, identified as Sergio Ledesma, tried to use threats in the bid to rob the banks.
The police say the robber got to the first bank and uttered threats to the teller. That failed to work because the teller pretended not to have heard the words. It is alleged that Sergio then moved to the next bank and used the same tactics on the teller again.
This time around, the teller responded and activated the silent alarm and pretended to be counting the money for to him. Sergio was still waiting for the cash to be handed to him when the police came in and arrested him. He will have to answer some serious charges in the court for trying to rob the two banks.
He has been given robbery charges and arraigned before the court.
Mexico has one of the highest crime rates in the world but this is a very unusual way for a robber to go. It is not clear if Sergio has used this tactics in the past before.
- Texas bank robber shows 2 IDs while robbing - Mar 16, 2011
- Skateboarder Flees Following San Diego's Comercia Bank Heist - Jul 19, 2010
- Skateboarder bandit flees after a San Diego bank heist - Jul 19, 2010
- Two Arrested In San Jose For Allegedly Setting Up Bank Robbery - Jan 08, 2011
- This year's best 'dumb criminal' tales so far (The Funny Side) - Aug 17, 2012
- Bank Of America Robber Sought By FBI - Aug 28, 2010
- Robber decked in 'Darth Vader' outfit robs a bank - Jul 26, 2010
- Robber forgets to put on mask before robbing a bank - Aug 22, 2010
- Skateboard Bandit Flees With Money From San Diego Bank - Jul 19, 2010
- Serial bank robber William Easley turns himself in to the police - Oct 20, 2010
- Germany's dumbest bank robber (Osnabruck resident) jailed for 7 years - Dec 02, 2011
- Guns stolen from Spanish army base - Mar 01, 2011
- Skateboarder Flees After Committing Bank Heist in San Diego - Jul 19, 2010
- Man robs bank & then offers $1K for a ride - Nov 03, 2010
- New York Police Arrests 'Bouquet Bandit' Edward Pemberton - Jul 22, 2010