Robber caught while answering stolen phoneJune 18th, 2012 - 7:35 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Adelaide, June 18 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A robber managed to threaten a couple in a street in Adelaide and he made off with their phone. However the couple went and registered a complaint with the police and soon the robber was caught as he was tricked into answering the very phone that he stole.
The police official called up the robber and pretended to be the victim, whose phone he had managed to steal. The police official conned the robber and managed to negotiate a deal with him in which the ‘supposed victim’ agreed to meet the robber and take back the phone in exchange for money. The clueless robber agreed to the deal, and he got the shock of his life when he went for the meeting.
The robber had hoped to find his victim there, but instead of him, the police was waiting for him. The robber was arrested by the police officials. He has since been booked under two counts of aggravated robbery and he has to appear in the court, in this regard.
- Robber rode skateboard to banks in Mexico - Feb 01, 2012
- Robber informs police after crime - Jul 11, 2012
- Shot at, security guard catches robber - Jul 03, 2012
- Man in jail after one night stand - Apr 05, 2012
- Air Force official murder case solved, four arrested - Jan 24, 2012
- Man on dating site 'tricks Perth woman to have sex' - Oct 19, 2010
- Man arrested for hacking Facebook accounts - Apr 22, 2011
- Postman chases robbers, kills one - Mar 22, 2012
- Mobile phone snatcher arrested - Mar 13, 2011
- Man dies after robbers throw him off second floor - Aug 17, 2012
- SA prosecutors tried to 'trick' Brit-Indian honeymooner's detention without extradition agreement - Apr 24, 2011
- Indian running online dating scam gets 42 months' jail in US - Apr 08, 2011
- Pakistani panel to stop bank robberies - Dec 22, 2011
- Irvine Police Investigating A Jewelry Theft - Feb 26, 2010
- Fake doctor arrested for stealing mobile phones - Aug 12, 2012