Pilot locks himself in toilet of a New York bound flightNovember 18th, 2011 - 8:09 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Nov 18 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A pilot caused quite a stir in a New York-bound flight when he was accidentally locked in the plane’s toilet. A passenger came to the rescue of the pilot as he found himself locked in the other side of the private room.
According to reports from New York’s LaGuardia airport, the incident happened shortly before the flight was due to land. Realizing that he has been trapped, the pilot of the Chatauqua Airlines flight banged on the door and a passenger came to his rescue. However the help came not without drama as some of the passengers were left terrified.
The rescuer was given the password to the toilet door before the door was opened. When the helper was trying to get the password to free the pilot, the co-pilot figured he was an intruder and sent a message to the airport control officials.
From the cockpit recorder, the co-pilot said that, “We are 180 knots 10,000 [feet], can we leave the frequency for a minute? We are going to try to, uh contact dispatch. The captain disappeared in the back, and, I have someone with a thick foreign accent trying to access the cockpit and I got to deal with the situation.”
- JetBlue captain goes berserk on flight, subdued by passengers - Mar 29, 2012
- Co-pilot seat adjustment causes AI jet to plunge a terrifying 7,000-ft - Dec 02, 2010
- Plane evacuated after 'verbal threat' on San Francisco runway - Aug 20, 2010
- Furious Ryanair passengers stage plane sit-in - Nov 18, 2010
- Crocodile caused plane crash: Report - Oct 22, 2010
- US airlines captain gives mid-air scare to passengers - Mar 28, 2012
- Major New York City-area airports to reopen on Monday - Aug 29, 2011
- Furious Ryanair Passengers Stage 4 Hour Plane Sit-in - Nov 19, 2010
- Air India turbulence injures passengers, probe ordered (Lead) - Jul 26, 2012
- Plane catches fire at Cairo airport - Jul 29, 2011
- Air India flight turbulence leaves passengers injured, probe ordered - Jul 26, 2012
- Hudson hero Sully set to return to friendly skies - Sep 11, 2009
- SAS jet pilot nods off mid-air, leaving co-pilot locked out of cockpit! - Feb 04, 2011
- Avoid American airlines, Indians told - Dec 16, 2011
- Hundreds feared dead after Nigerian jet crashes in Lagos - Jun 04, 2012