Parents held after trying to smuggle baby through airport scannerJuly 10th, 2012 - 8:08 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Sharjah, July 10 (THAINDIAN NEWS) An Egyptian couple tried unsuccessfully to smuggle their baby through an airport scanner. They put their son in a big bag and tried to take him illegally through the airport.
The couple had landed in UAE on Friday, but since they didn’t have the proper paperwork done for their child prior to leaving their native country so they were not allowed in UAE. The airport officials however asked them to stay in the country till the concerned office opened on Monday, after the weekend.
However the couple thought that they could beat the airport security and get away with it too. They kept their little baby in a bag and tried to pass it off, as mere luggage. They were caught in the act when the bag was X-rayed and the airport officials could see the outline of the baby. Subsequently both of them were arrested.
A Sharjah police spokesman said about the case that, “They were risking the life of the baby. They said in an interrogation they had resorted to sneaking him through inside a bag because he did not have a passport or visa and they wanted to have him with them in the UAE.”
- Couple smuggles baby without visa in bag - Jul 09, 2012
- Tiger cub found among toys in Bangkok airport - Aug 27, 2010
- Airport body scanners banned by EU over cancer fears - Nov 17, 2011
- Man arrested for smuggling 18 titi monkeys into Mexico City - Jul 20, 2010
- Naked body scanners in British airports? - May 04, 2012
- Asian passenger held for drug trafficking in Dubai - May 05, 2011
- New airport scanner can detect liquid explosives - Oct 25, 2010
- US airport security glitches exposed - Dec 17, 2010
- Man with explosives held at US airport - Jan 01, 2012
- Man found with snakes & tortoise in his pants at Miami Airport - Aug 30, 2011
- Dubai customs bust credit card racket - Mar 01, 2011
- TSA scanners can reveal boob jobs, prosthetic testicles - Nov 20, 2010
- Dubai Customs foils bid to smuggle heroin - Aug 09, 2012
- EU adopts new rules on airport body scanners - Nov 15, 2011
- Woman nabbed with live cartridges at Delhi airport - Feb 10, 2011