New York City restaurant to hold a ‘Duck Fetus Eating Contest’August 28th, 2012 - 8:29 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Aug 28 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A fertilized egg is something in between an egg and a duck. It is considered a delicacy in many parts of the world. A New York City Filipino restaurant will be hosting a duck fetus eating contest. This contest will be held to find the person who will be able to eat the most fertilized eggs in one eating.
The fertilized egg is usually accompanied with a cold beer. Only two people have signed up for the competition that will be held in the New York restaurant. There is still time for those who live in that area and they want to achieve celebrity status by being the ones who will be able to down the most eggs in one minute.
Wayne Aleginio, a past winner in the competition managed to eat 18 of these fertilized eggs in five minutes. These eggs are commonly referred to as ‘baluts’ in Filipino. The dish is being prepared in the New York restaurant and it is supposed to give diners a taste of the famous Filipino delicacy. The fertilized duck eggs that are used to
prepare this dish are usually those that are about 7 to 14 days in to hatching.
The dish is said to be a great source of proteins that are good for the body and it is also considered an aphrodisiac.
- Humble egg in exotic avatars in Indian gourmet kitchens (With Image) - Mar 23, 2012
- Mother duck lays eggs at 'Chick-fil-A' drive-thru - Apr 08, 2011
- Vivid platters for Eid this year (With recipes) - Nov 06, 2011
- Dine on Nobel 2010 spread for Rs.8,000 - Oct 16, 2011
- Man creates a record by eating 191 chicken wings in 12 mins - Sep 04, 2012
- Singapore Sling Brings Victory To Kevin Sbraga - Sep 16, 2010
- Eva Mendes turns waitress - Aug 26, 2011
- Rashtrapati Bhavan chefs to learn cooking fish Bengali style? - Jul 22, 2012
- Aphrodisiac food for jet age - Jun 05, 2010
- Scottish chef creates Venison ice cream - Oct 04, 2011
- Bigger bites ensure lesser eating - Jul 15, 2011
- Indian parantha with American omelette - enjoy! (Eating out with IANS) - Jun 14, 2010
- Man Eats 191 Chicken Wings in 12 Min - Sep 03, 2012
- Sonya Thomas creates a record in the National Buffalo Wing Festival by gobbling up 181 chicken wings - Sep 07, 2010
- Hen sits on wrong nest, hatches ducklings - Apr 04, 2012
Tags: aphrodisiac, baluts, celebrity status, cold beer, diners, dish, duck eggs, eating contest, egg, fetus, filipino delicacy, filipino restaurant, five minutes, great source, new york city, new york city restaurant, new york restaurant, source of proteins