Nancy Corcione Thought Her Pet Gator was Just a Big LizardOctober 5th, 2010 - 1:15 am ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Oct 4 (THAINDIAN NEWS) According to reports from The Daily News, the owner of Alpine Wine & Liquor, Nancy Corcione, and her employees had no idea that they three foot long alligator which they were keeping as a pet was not just a huge lizard.
The alligator was supposedly mistaken for a huge monitor lizard. It was hand-fed 45 goldfish a day and lived in a small pool. “I didn’t think it was illegal. We had no clue,” Corcione stated.
Am employee had brought the reptile to the store three months prior, and the people at the liquor store which was located on Long Island, had been taking care of it ever since. The Suffolk County SPCA got wind of the situation, however, and seized the animal, leaving behind tickets to the owner of the store, Corcione, for possessing an illegal animal.
The SPCA officer told Newsday, This is not the kind of pet you should have. They’re dangerous. It’s a wild animal.” It was sent to an animal sanctuary located in the state of Massachusetts.
- Alligator captured from NY yard - May 19, 2011
- 3-Foot Alligator Unearthed In A City Of Massachusetts - Aug 24, 2010
- 5-Foot Long Monitor Lizard Reunites With Owner - Jan 27, 2011
- Alligator found in a Brampton home backyard - May 24, 2012
- British family shares home with 80 animals - Nov 27, 2010
- Alligator found in Puerto Rico parking lot - Jul 22, 2010
- 5 foot lizard caught in California - Jan 27, 2011
- Searching for cannabis, British cops come across alligator - Jun 20, 2012
- Pets could be benefitting your kids at home - Jul 17, 2012
- Alligator chomps off hand that fed it - Jul 30, 2012
- McDonalds snake wrestling incident leads to the arrest of 2 men - Sep 10, 2010
- Brazilian woman finds alligator behind her living room sofa - Feb 24, 2011
- Jenna Dewan Tatum bares all for new PETA campaign - Jul 07, 2010
- Alligator Wrangler Bob nabs a 3-foot gator from the Chicago River - Aug 26, 2010
- Chinese can now send off dead pets at disposal plants - Dec 20, 2011
Tags: alligator, alpine, animal sanctuary, clue, goldfish, hand fed, liquor store, lizard, long island, monitor lizard, nancy, newsday, pool, reptile, state of massachusetts, suffolk county spca, three months, wild animal, wine