Naked rambler fined for causing distress to a dog walkerFebruary 16th, 2012 - 10:26 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Leeds, Feb 16 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A man who was fined £315 for walking naked on the streets has indicated his intention to appeal the case. A magistrate court in Leeds ruled that Nigel Keer caused a distress to a woman by going naked.
The court was told that an off-duty officer arrested Nigel after spotting him walking naked through a popular street in Yorkshire with no clothing at all. The officer explained that his decision to arrest Nigel was triggered by the look on the face of a woman who was walking her dog at the location.
The incident happened on the 2nd of October last year. Nigel argued that he is a naturist and did not expect anybody to find him offensive. The judge however disagreed with that.
Judge Christopher Darnton ruled that, “I do accept that Mr Keer is a naturist but I note with some interest that he would not walk with his clothes off in the city centre of Leeds. On this occasion, a lady was clearly distressed by what she had seen going on.”
Nigel after the ruling indicated that he will appeal the decision. He simply stated that, “I’m not happy with the decision and I plan to appeal.”
People should expect to see more of Nigel because he has planned to continue being a naturist.
- Naked British wanderer courts freedom - Aug 11, 2012
- Briton held for running over Asian-origin kids - Aug 21, 2012
- Being nude: Nothing unnatural about it (Feature) - Oct 23, 2011
- Briton held for peeping into Chinese women swimmers changing room - Aug 15, 2012
- Now, take a 'naturist holiday' with 7-night naked cruise - Oct 15, 2010
- Three Britons held for running over Asian-origin kids (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- UK teacher faces jail after lesbian affair with 15-year-old pupil - Nov 12, 2010
- French naturists protest open-air sex by tourists - Nov 07, 2010
- Prosecutors in MJ case to use autopsy photos - Apr 22, 2011
- Virginia Naked Trial: Man convicted of indecent exposure - Dec 21, 2009
- Lee DeWyze decision not to present Idol trophy shocks all - May 28, 2011
- Oz teen jailed for shouting 'I am a penis' has jail sentence reduced - Mar 31, 2011
- Beckham embarrasses sons by stripping off - Feb 03, 2012
- Lopez threw no diva tantrums: 'American Idol' producer - Aug 15, 2010
- Yorkshire Ripper to die in jail after losing appeal against life sentence - Jan 15, 2011