Naked car thief caught by police dogDecember 13th, 2011 - 10:11 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
California, Dec 13 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A car robber did not have the lucky break that he dreamt of after a police dog wrestled him to the ground. The man had earlier engaged the police in a hot car chase before trying to escape on the foot.
For reasons currently not known by anyone, the man got out of the car naked and tried to escape from the Hummer that he had just stolen. As he ran, an officer spotted him and could be heard saying he is naked.
Moments earlier, the man had snatched the Hummer from a limousine driver at gun point. After throwing the driver out of the car, the man tried to drive away but the driver called the police and a hot chase ensued. The police helicopter also got involved in the chase and when it became apparent that the officers will catch him, the man stopped the car and tried to escape on foot.
The police pursued and the police dog finally caught the man. He was cuffed and placed in the van to be taken to custody. The chase came to an end in Whittier, California.
A search in the car showed that the suspect was driving alone.
- Naked man fleeing from Hummer caught by police dog - Dec 12, 2011
- Drunk, naked Moscow driver smashes 17 cars - Oct 31, 2011
- Naked driver hits 17 cars in Moscow - Oct 31, 2011
- Man robbed at Noida mall, two hurt in shootout - Aug 06, 2012
- Bank robber shoots himself in the foot - Jan 27, 2012
- Russian jailed for stabbing driver 34 times - Dec 19, 2011
- Two robbers kill woman and daughter, one held - Oct 13, 2011
- Tiger Woods has hot dog thrown at him - Oct 10, 2011
- Parrot blamed for car crash in prayer of Wing - Jul 21, 2011
- Armed robbers loot Rs.15 lakh in Noida, nabbed, money recovered (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Irvine Police Investigating A Jewelry Theft - Feb 26, 2010
- 7-year-old boy drives a car for 20 miles all by himself - Jun 22, 2011
- Putin's limousine invites traffic complaint - Jul 17, 2012
- Postman chases robbers, kills one - Mar 22, 2012
- A stray dogs inaugural Indian GP practice run - Oct 28, 2011