Mother Objects To Booty Cheer, Daughter Removed From TeamSeptember 17th, 2010 - 7:52 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Sep 17, (THAINDIAN NEWS) 6 year old cheerleader, Kennedy, has found herself kicked out of her cheerleading team after her mother objected to the routine. Jennifer Tesch, Kennedy’s mother found the cheer to be inappropriate for a 6 year old and urged the other mothers and officials to change the cheer. Instead of supporting the appeal, the parents of the other cheerleaders refused to change the cheer and wanted Kennedy out of the cheerleading team.
Jennifer Tesch took the media and explained that the chant of the cheerleaders was way to suggestive for 6 year old girls. The chant goes, ‘Our backs ache, our skirts are too tight, we shake our booties from left to right’. Other mothers were reportedly upset that the news went to the media and felt that the matter should have been solved internally. Jennifer Tesch spoke to the coach, the general manager and the board who explained that the cheer has been around for years.
The drama took new turns as the coach of the local cheerleading team in Michigan spoke on the radio and talked about Jennifer Tesch in a derogatory manner. She said that the mother of the 6 year old did not have any issue with the ‘booty shaking’ but did not want the ‘backs hurt’ and tight skirt to be a part of the chant. One of the other parents said that it was one against the rest in case of Kennedy’s mother. Jennifer Tesch also said that Kennedy is not yet aware that she is out of the team and added that she will not take the news well.
- Cheer girl Kennedy Tesch removed from team over 'booty slogan' - Sep 17, 2010
- Objecting to risqué chants can get you booted from school cheerleading team! - Sep 16, 2010
- US girl, 11, kicked off cheerleading team for 'not shaking her booty enough' - Oct 22, 2010
- Three cheers for Indian culture, say IPL's foreign cheerleaders - Apr 12, 2012
- Ryan Howard's Girlfriend Krystle Campbell Booed By Fellow Cheerleaders - Aug 05, 2010
- "Glee" Dedicates An Episode To Football - Feb 08, 2011
- Goan leader plans to introduce cheerleading to football - Feb 11, 2011
- Identical twins give birth on the same day - Oct 24, 2011
- Laura Vikmanis: 42 And Still Cheering For Bengals! - Jan 22, 2011
- Padma Lakshmi dons yummy mummy look for stroll with daughter in NY - Apr 04, 2011
- US woman becomes cheerleader at 42-years of age - Apr 08, 2011
- Michaele Salahi lied about being an NFL cheerleader? - Sep 24, 2010
- Oregon Cheerleaders' New Uniform Fails To Bring Victory For The Ducks - Jan 11, 2011
- Cheerleading Not A Sport? Debate Lands In Court - Jun 23, 2010
- Ronaldo's kids' mystery mother 'is dead' - Jan 27, 2011