Mother abandons its Dalmatian lambAugust 10th, 2012 - 8:55 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Sydney, Aug 10 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A lamb which looked like a Dalmatian dog was abandoned by its mother but thanks to Julie Bolton, a local Dalmatian breeder, the lamb has a home.
The Dalmatian lamb was adopted by one of the Dalmatian dogs belonging to Julie. Julie said that the lamb truly has black spots, which are rare in sheeps. She however said that the moment she saw the Dalmatian lamb she laughed claiming that she has never seen like such before. She is happy that the lamb found refuge and one of her dog which did not have puppies at that given time has sort of adopted it.
The Dalmatian dog used to lick it, clean it and mother it which is a very good indicator of good attention to the lamb. Julie continued by saying that the only major service that she delivers to the lamb is giving it milk from a bottle but nearly all the other services are being done by the dog. This story went all around and it got into the hands of the researchers who said that the case was very unusual but the picture of the lamb having black spots, especially on the belly made it look cute and it captured the attention of many.
However, the real mother to the lamb is not justified to abandon the lamb because the bond formed between a lamb and its mother is not only developed through the appearance.
- Chinese farmer claims sheep gave birth to 'puppy' - Mar 26, 2011
- Rooting for the underdog! (Feature) - Sep 25, 2011
- Dog plays mom to three tiger cubs - Jun 11, 2012
- Dog in Germany Gives Birth to Litter of 17 Puppies - Dec 22, 2010
- First urban flea market for pooches - Jan 13, 2012
- Puppy Survives Miraculously After Getting Stuck In Car Engine - Jun 01, 2010
- Beckhams' get new dog - May 17, 2011
- Puppy Bowl 2011 To Kickoff Soon - Feb 05, 2011
- World's most expensive dog costs a million pounds - Mar 16, 2011
- Litter of 17 puppies born in Germany - Dec 21, 2010
- Dog breeding- a high profit business in Jaipur - Mar 18, 2010
- Heigl urges people to adopt dogs - Jan 24, 2012
- Baa! Sheep can memorise 50 other sheep faces - Oct 03, 2011
- Animal Planet To Feature Puppy Bowl 2011 This Sunday - Feb 06, 2011
- Five dogs best suited for life in a metro (Feature) - Jul 05, 2010