Montana Bank Robber Calls “Getaway” Taxi CabOctober 28th, 2010 - 12:31 am ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Oct 27 (THAINDIAN NEWS) After robbing a bank which was located in downtown Missoula, Montana, an unnamed man soon realized he had a problem, no get-away car, but he quickly came up with a sensible solution- he called a cab.
According to the Associated Press, the cab driver, James Anderson stated that he noticed the man was acting very strange when he got into the cab at a coffee shop. At first, he wanted to go to the ‘University of Montana’ campus, but would not tell Anderson exactly which part of the campus he wished to go to. Then he changed his mind and wanted to go to a hotel, after a stop by the store for cigarettes.
He told the driver that he would give him a good tip for doing so. The cost of the cab was $7.50 and the alleged robber gave Anderson a $5 tip. As soon as he went to step out of the cab, the police swarmed the cab, guns pointed at the man.
He had allegedly gone into the ‘Sterling Savings Bank’ and demanded money from a teller after saying he was carrying a weapon. No one saw this weapon and no one was hurt in the robbery.
- Police still on the lookout for bank robber who forgot to put on his mask in his bank robbery attempt - Aug 24, 2010
- Robber rode skateboard to banks in Mexico - Feb 01, 2012
- Bank Robber Forgets Mask, Caught On Security Camera - Aug 24, 2010
- Serial bank robber William Easley turns himself in to the police - Oct 20, 2010
- Bank Of America Robber Sought By FBI - Aug 28, 2010
- Skateboarder Flees Following San Diego's Comercia Bank Heist - Jul 19, 2010
- Man robs bank & then offers $1K for a ride - Nov 03, 2010
- Two Arrested In San Jose For Allegedly Setting Up Bank Robbery - Jan 08, 2011
- Rs.33 lakh looted from bank van (Lead, changing dateline) - Mar 31, 2012
- Texas bank robber shows 2 IDs while robbing - Mar 16, 2011
- Skateboarder Flees After Committing Bank Heist in San Diego - Jul 19, 2010
- New York Police Arrests 'Bouquet Bandit' Edward Pemberton - Jul 22, 2010
- Family robs gas station - of chocolates, cigarettes - May 16, 2011
- Robber decked in 'Darth Vader' outfit robs a bank - Jul 26, 2010
- Arizona man pleads guilty for robbing bank with fake bomb - Mar 12, 2010
Tags: alleged robber, bank robber, cab driver, cigarettes, coffee shop, getaway, guns, james anderson, missoula montana, money, montana bank, robbery, sensible solution, sterling savings bank, taxi cab, university of montana, unnamed man