Missouri woman pays fine for calling 911 about the collapse of her dogJune 7th, 2012 - 9:07 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Missouri, June 7 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A Missouri resident has been forced to pay a $100 fine for calling the emergency services to report that her 140-pound Great Dane had suffered a seizure.
Mrs. Rose Lakey and her husband had just finished walking their dog Oreo, when it collapsed. In a panic state, Mrs. Lakey decided to call 911. She referred to her beloved pet as her “daughter” during the emergency 911 call last Easter Sunday. Mrs. Lakey later stated that mentioned the word “daughter” accidentally.
Confused dispatchers sent paramedics to the area, on the belief that they were responding a call for a human.
Members of the emergency services helped the dog’s owner to load the animal into their car. Mrs Lakey and her husband transported Oreo to a veterinary clinic. The dog was later pronounced dead at the animal hospital.
Nevertheless, Police made a visit to Mrs. Lakey’s home on April 9 and gave her an ordinance violation for misusing the 911 emergency number. She initially pleaded not guilty, but has later decided to pay the municipal charges.
- Swarm of bees stings dog to death - Jul 15, 2011
- Man calls 911 over a wrong sandwich - Jun 18, 2012
- Doctors save dog Daisy's life after she swallows a 2-inch needle - May 22, 2012
- Train stopped to 'save' kid's toy - Jun 11, 2012
- Moore and Adams adopt new dog - Dec 04, 2010
- Missing dog Archie who was lost for 549 days, reunited with family - Feb 01, 2011
- Couple dial 999 to save their five year old cat - Aug 19, 2011
- Little kids help mom deliver baby in the bathroom - Mar 19, 2010
- University of San Diego student shot while driving to school - Apr 06, 2011
- World's favourite snack celebrates 100th birthday - Mar 06, 2012
- Over 2,800 mailmen bitten by dogs in US - Jun 18, 2010
- David Hasselhoff 'rushed to hospital after suffering a seizure' - Nov 28, 2009
- Security officer shot in the head at South African airport - Aug 11, 2010
- Did Demi Moore suffer seizure? - Jan 26, 2012
- Drunk Ohio woman calls 911 to help her find a husband - Jun 09, 2010
Tags: animal hospital, beloved pet, calling 911, collapse, dispatchers, easter sunday, emergency 911, emergency number, emergency services, great dane, human members, last easter, missouri resident, missouri woman, ordinance violation, oreo, panic state, paramedics, seizure, veterinary clinic