Martin Reisch enters US using his scanned passport copy saved on his iPadJanuary 4th, 2012 - 8:28 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Jan 4 (THAINDIAN NEWS) For one Canadian man, his iPad came in handy when he forgot his passport. Coming to the United States, Martin Reisch realized rather too late that he has forgotten his passport home. With the stark realization that he might have to trek 2 hours back home, he decided to try a last ditch attempt.
Martin told reporters that he turned back to the officer and showed him the scanned copy of his passport as a form of proof of his identity. After the border officer examined the image on the iPad, he waved Martin to enter the country. That was to his relief.
Making the return trip, Martin said he showed the same scanned image to Canadian authorities and they allowed him in. It is not clear if border officials now recognize digital images as proof of identity.
To Martin, he does not care that much because he will not be repeating that again, at least that is what he says. He does not intend to ever travel without his passport again saying he might not be lucky another time.
Martin decided to have a scanned copy of his IDs on his iPad to cushion himself in case he loses his documents while traveling.
- Stanley Kubrick made the first iPad, claims Samsung - Aug 24, 2011
- Steve Jobs makes surprise appearance to unveil iPad2 - Mar 03, 2011
- Why Apple do products drive such fanatical devotion? - May 22, 2011
- 'Peddlers' team in customs hassle - May 31, 2012
- 2G scam: Asif Balwa's request for iPad refused (Lead) - May 27, 2011
- Samsung did not copy 'cool' Apple iPad: Court - Jul 10, 2012
- 2G accused wants iPad, court asks jail to consider plea - May 25, 2011
- Young man boards plane disguised as old man - Nov 07, 2010
- Bangladeshi held with photocopy of Indian passport in Meghalaya - May 13, 2012
- Apple sued for overheating iPad's - Jul 29, 2010
- Most iPad owners are 'over-achieving selfish elites' - Jul 28, 2010
- Laptop or iPad? Airport Security Says iPads Can Stay In Bags - Apr 08, 2010
- Playboy's uncensored pictures will soon be available on iPad - Jan 20, 2011
- At 7 Inch Samsung Galaxy Tab Stands Tall To Compete With Apple iPad - Sep 07, 2010
- Now a table to perform virtual autopsies - Oct 21, 2011