Margaret Perthen finds gecko in Tesco vegetable bagJanuary 14th, 2011 - 9:24 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Essex, Jan 14 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Margaret Perthen was not expecting to find a gecko in a Tesco bag that she had her vegetables in.
However when she opened the cellophane wrapper that covered the vegetables that she just bought from the supermarket, she found a Mediterranean Gecko and she shouted out of shock. She barely missed the animal with the knife that she used to open the wrapper.
The animal was not dead. The live gecko however did not have its tail and Margaret gently collected the creature and handed it over to the vets. The animal is now being nursed back to good health.
Margaret said that, “I don’t know who was more scared, him or me. But I felt sorry for him, he didn’t look happy. I’m so pleased he survived.”
The animal is believed to have been shipped from Spain where the vegetables were grown. It is believed that the animal managed to survive the heat in the cellophane wrapper primarily due to the fact that the vegetables were transported under chilly conditions.
A spokesman for Tesco has revealed that they are investigating the case. The British retail giant has already apologized to the 62-year-old and offered her a £10 shopping voucher.
- Woman accused of theft by TESCO after finding waffles at her house - Feb 11, 2011
- Pregnant Brit mums swapping fruit vouchers for booze, ciggies - Feb 27, 2011
- Kitten rescued after being flushed down toilet by callous owner - Dec 02, 2010
- Girl who stabbed father gets joint funeral - Oct 09, 2010
- Cat leaps though open window to avoid castration! - Jun 07, 2010
- X-factor in a spot over 'Tesco Plugs' - Oct 10, 2010
- PETA's 'open offer' to model who wants to bare all - Apr 01, 2011
- Lost seal pup finally found in Skegness - Jan 19, 2012
- World's oldest dog Pusuke dies at the age of 26 years - Dec 08, 2011
- Gecko's tail an energy powerhouse, say scientists - Nov 21, 2009
- Does Development justify Degradation? - Apr 08, 2011
- Mythical 'goat sucker' chupacabra shot by US man - Dec 28, 2010
- No favouritism at beauty pageants: Miss Earth Nicole Faria - Nov 14, 2011
- You can't run out of luck at IITF! - Nov 19, 2011
- UK shop worker comes face to face with a venomous spider - Feb 23, 2012