Man who buried himself alive dies by mistakeJune 3rd, 2011 - 8:53 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Moscow, June 3 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A Russian man’s quest for “good luck” for the rest of his life actually ended his life when he persuaded his friend to bury him alive! Police say the man made holes on a coffin and inserted pipes into them hoping to get the needed oxygen while staying buried for a night.
The friend told the police that after burying the man with a bottle of water in the coffin and a mobile phone, the buried man called him and assured him that he was fine in the coffin. With that assurance, the man went to his house and slept.
The next morning, the friend returned and found that the idea to bury his friend alive was not that smart. When he dug the earth and opened the casket, the friend was dead.
Investigators are still trying to figure out what killed the man but a senior aide to the chief investigator of Blagoveshchensk where the incident happened told reporters that he suspects the air holes were trapped by overnight rain.
It has become a common trend in Russia to bury oneself in a casket to attract good luck for life.
Police say the dead man was a computer programmer and left behind a small child.
- Sri Lankan dies trying buried alive record - Mar 05, 2012
- Grave robber steals Fender Telecaster guitar from a casket - Sep 28, 2011
- Russian 'genius' lived with 26 female bodies - Nov 04, 2011
- Man held for burying alive wife, three others - Jan 22, 2012
- Pakistani man buries daughter alive - Jul 14, 2012
- Man kills niece for prosperity - Aug 10, 2010
- Woman kills hubby, buries him - Mar 28, 2012
- Chhattisgarh serial killer admits to seven killings - Jan 23, 2012
- Li Xiufeng wakes up from the dead - Feb 29, 2012
- Toddler Dies In Russian Sewer System Tragedy - Jan 10, 2012
- Girl suffocates to death in hole dug at beach - Aug 28, 2012
- Goa priest bans burying dead with gold, trinkets - Jul 17, 2010
- Goa's funeral managers provide A to Z solutions (Feature) - Aug 25, 2010
- Toulouse killer's father to sue France for son's death - Mar 27, 2012
- Italian TV host's body stolen from grave - Jan 26, 2011
Tags: air holes, blagoveshchensk, casket, chief investigator, coffin, computer programmer, dead man, good luck, investigators, june 3, left behind, mistake, mobile phone, moscow, next morning, overnight rain, oxygen, pipes, russia, russian man