Man stole cemetery urns for scrapAugust 8th, 2012 - 9:42 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Sarnia, Aug 8 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Wonders in the world will never cease as it was reported that a man stole cemetery urns to fake it for scrap.
The man was caught when he went to a scrap dealer and the dealer detected the urns and he then called the police. The man reported in question is Bjay William Ravenhorst who is aged 33. The man was taken to the court and he was found guilty and jailed for 85 days. He was pled guilty on Tuesday.
He has been practicing this act for a long time now. It all started out when he sold 16 urns on 24th and 26th January to a scrap dealer at a charge of $300. He is also suspected to be the one who stole the thirty four urns which were missing in two cemeteries. One of the crimes that he was found guilty on is the possession of the stolen power tools.
He was as well found guilty of violating the law of the court order. The judge ordered that Ravenhorst should be kept in protective custody to avoid any form of frauds. On to of the jail term he was served 27 days as pre-sentence so as to be allowed to be working during the weekends.
- Former Louisiana Senator sentenced to prison for role in money laundering - Feb 12, 2010
- Indian man robbed in China - Apr 26, 2011
- New Zealand man jailed for stealing orange - Jul 23, 2010
- Waterloo, NY man charged after allegedly stealing scrap metal - Feb 26, 2010
- Plea Deal Likely To Keep Paris Hilton Out Of Jail - Sep 20, 2010
- Former BJP chief Bangaru convicted for bribery, sentencing Saturday (Third Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- Fugitive held in Britain after framing his wanted poster - Apr 22, 2012
- Teenaged hacker jailed in China - May 04, 2012
- Hazel Cunningham caught cheating because of Facebook - Feb 22, 2011
- British credit card cheat gets four years in prison - Jun 23, 2010
- Hudson's brother-in-law guilty for murder - May 12, 2012
- Serial shopping trolley thief finally caught - Dec 02, 2011
- Man teaches neighbours 'parking sense' with fake summons - Mar 09, 2012
- Attacker of Paris Hilton's boyfriend put behind bars - Apr 29, 2011
- Bangaru Laxman appeals against jail term - May 09, 2012