Man removed after being stuck in air-conditioning shaft in AdelaideMay 24th, 2011 - 12:46 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Adelaide, May 23 (THAINDIAN NEWS) An unfortunate incident left a man stuck in an air conditioner shaft at a hotel in Adelaide. The incident happened on Sunday at 4:00 am ACST and officials say the man was only removed in mid-afternoon when firefighters were called in.
The hotel says the man was noticed at his entrapment when a cleaner heard strange sound from the shaft. Officials say the man who was staying at the Stamford Grand Hotel at Glenelg removed the grille from place and entered the shaft. When he entered the shaft, he got stuck and had to endure a 12-hour ordeal.
When the rescuers got to the location, they found the man stuck and removed him. When the man who was not named in the report was removed by the firefighters, they realized that he has suffered minor injuries to his body. He was taken to the hospital where he was treated for the injuries and later released from the Flinders Medical Center.
The report failed to state what the man was doing at the location of the shaft. It is apparent that if the man had not been pulled from the place, he might been killed.
- Texas man rescued after becoming stuck in chimney - Nov 29, 2011
- Woman rescued from a Leverett cave after spending 12 hours - Jul 21, 2010
- Ten firemen were needed to release man who had a ring stuck on him - Nov 28, 2011
- Cat survives after being stuck on cactus for three days - Nov 15, 2011
- Toddler Dies In Russian Sewer System Tragedy - Jan 10, 2012
- Inferno in Kolkata's Park Street kills two, injures many (Third Lead) - Mar 23, 2010
- Mechanic killed in AC blast at Delhi hotel (Lead) - Jul 09, 2011
- AC explosion kills one, hotel denies report - Jul 09, 2011
- Man rescued from trash chute - May 17, 2012
- Firefighters free thief stuck in bin - Apr 06, 2011
- Nicole Graham stands by horse Astro's side as the horse sank in the mud - Feb 29, 2012
- Trapped miner found alive after 17 days - May 19, 2012
- Inferno in Kolkata's Park Street kills six, injures 20 (Roundup) - Mar 23, 2010
- Chilean miners 'must prepare to be henpecked at home' - Oct 11, 2010
- Man rescued from Tennessee cave - May 31, 2011
Tags: acst, air conditioner, air conditioning, entrapment, firefighters, flinders medical center, glenelg, mid afternoon, minor injuries, ordeal, rescuers, shaft, stamford grand hotel, strange sound, unfortunate incident