Man leaves behind $1 million in Australian restaurantNovember 23rd, 2011 - 8:53 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Sydney, Nov 23 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A man has a very expensive memory lapse. The police in Australia are searching for a man who walked out of a restaurant leaving behind 1 million Australian dollars ($1.3 million) in a suitcase. The money which was in 50-dollar notes is being kept by the police until the owner shows up.
The eatery Cafe Marco Italian says the man who left the suitcase looks to be of the Asian race and believed to be in his 30s. The restaurant says the man walked into the café on Tuesday morning at about 8:30.
There seems to be another twist to the case. Eyewitnesses told The Daily Telegraph in Sydney that, “The man entered the cafe briefly and was acting suspiciously, fleeing on foot following an incident with another patron, without his bag. Given the circumstances of him leaving staff checked the bag, discovering the cash.”
MSNBC reports that the Australian police have arrested a man in connection with the incident. The report said the police had to take the man to the hospital because he suffered a ‘medical condition’ when he was arrested.
The police have initiated an investigation into the case because of the suspicion surrounding it. As at yet, the police have not confirmed who the owner of the money is.
- Body found in a suitcase in Harlem - Dec 24, 2010
- Indian student raped, murdered in Australia, Krishna calls it unfortunate (Lead) - Mar 14, 2011
- Man stabbed to death over Rs.60 - Dec 25, 2011
- $1,380 bill for one meal gives man shock of life - Mar 04, 2011
- Delhi eatery owner fired upon by cop, escapes unhurt - Jan 10, 2012
- Australian retail trade up - Jul 04, 2012
- Deer crashes through Halifax coffee shop - Jun 22, 2011
- Finders are not keepers, Australian cops tell couple - Apr 07, 2010
- Oz restaurant owner tells diner mums to 'keep their legs closed' - Jul 23, 2010
- Man Fires Insect Repellent in Oregon Robbery - Aug 16, 2012
- Indian tourists duped, assaulted in Nepal - Aug 02, 2011
- Indian student raped, killed in Australia, body put in suitcase (Second Lead) - Mar 14, 2011
- Indian-origin student sexually assaulted, murdered in Australia - Mar 14, 2011
- Salvation Army store sells suitcase stuffed with $100K for a pittance! - Apr 06, 2010
- Oz man caught filming up women's skirts at train station - Feb 11, 2011
Tags: 1 million, asian race, australia, australian dollars, australian police, briefly, circumstances, daily telegraph, dollar notes, eyewitnesses, medical condition, memory lapse, money, msnbc, patron, suitcase, suspicion, sydney nov, tuesday morning