Man found with snakes & tortoise in his pants at Miami AirportAugust 30th, 2011 - 8:56 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Miami, Aug 30 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A man tried to board a Brazilian-bound plane from Miami with seven snakes and three tortoises concealed in his pants! Officials of the Transportation Security Administration said the man had hidden the exotic animals in nylon bags and placed them in his pants.
TSA officials at the airport noticed the creatures in the pants of the man when he passed through the full body scanner. He was pulled over and arrested for illegally trying to smuggle the animals.
The culprit was not identified in the report but the police have confirmed that he has been taken into custody. Though it is illegal to transport animals across borders without license in several countries, animal smugglers find ways to do exactly that every day.
The body scanner renders a passenger almost naked as they pass through. That makes it near to impossible to hide a creature on the body into the airport.
In the past, some people have been caught trying to smuggle creatures into flights. Some of the creatures that have been found on smugglers include monkeys, frogs, birds, turtles and others.
It was not stated what the man intended to do with the animals. The report also failed to state if the man got the animals in the United States or brought them into the country.
- Man arrested for trying to smuggle 50 snakes on a plane - Nov 17, 2011
- Atsushi Yamagami and Norihide Ushirozako arrested in turtle smuggling case - Jan 11, 2011
- Man with 250 rare animals caught in Argentina - Dec 27, 2011
- Thailand seizes 451 turtles smuggled into plane luggage - Jun 02, 2011
- Man strips at Va. Airport checkpoint in protest - Jan 05, 2011
- 100 snakes, 70 tortoises found in German hotel - Dec 12, 2011
- Meg McLain Harassed By TSA Staff - Nov 11, 2010
- Indian held in Dhaka for smuggling tortoises - Aug 07, 2012
- Russian caught smuggling 320 turtles from Mexico - Sep 06, 2012
- Celebrated Humorist, Dave Barry, Subjected To A 'Pat-Down' At The Miami Airport - Nov 17, 2010
- Now drink containers under scanner at North American airports (Lead) - Dec 25, 2010
- US Sikhs decry turban screening at airports - Nov 07, 2010
- Forest officials rescue 39 smuggled tortoises in Nainital - Feb 13, 2011
- New species of blind snake found in Brazil - Aug 02, 2012
- Uzbek woman held with 2,000 tortoises - Apr 05, 2012
Tags: airport miami, birds, body scanner, borders, creatures, culprit, exotic animals, flights, frogs, miami airport, monkeys, nylon bags, smugglers, snakes, tortoise, tortoises, transportation security administration, turtles, united states