Man fined £500 for mooning the QueenFebruary 14th, 2012 - 9:47 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Sydney, Feb 13 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A court in Australia has fined a man £500 for “mooning” the Queen during a recent visit to the country. The Brisbane court found the 22-year-old man guilty of creating public nuisance and sentenced him to the fine.
Liam Lloyd Warriner however insists that what he did is within his right because he is against the Royal Family. The incident happened last October when the Queen was parading through the streets of Queensland.
Prosecutors say Liam was at his workplace during the parade. He however ran from the workplace and took off his pants and chased the motorcade of the Queen for about 50 meters. Officers say he co-operated with them when they arrested him for the action.
Just after the verdict was read, Liam emerged from the court and defiantly announced that he will repeat the act should US leader Barack Obama also visit Australia.
Giving the judgment, the magistrate told Liam that, “This is a civil society and when a lot of people gather in one place the grouping means there is a vulnerable position if even one person like yourself doesn’t behave in a civil manner.”
It is not clear if the queen noticed the action of Liam.
- Australian fined for showing buttocks to Elizabeth - Feb 14, 2012
- You can get slapped a fine of $100 for swearing in public Down Under! - Jun 16, 2010
- Oz police win new powers to issue fines for public nuisance offences - Jun 16, 2010
- Challenging speeding ticket saddles Oz truckie with a 10000-dollar payout! - Sep 07, 2010
- Child porn website mastermind held in Australia - May 21, 2011
- Australian man dies after 'planking' - May 16, 2011
- Oprah Winfrey's Oz visit boosts tourism Down Under - Mar 23, 2011
- Hayden to lead push to prevent axing of Sheffield Shield final - Feb 02, 2011
- Killer sharks invade golf course in Australia - Oct 11, 2011
- Britain's Prince Philip turns 90 - Jun 10, 2011
- Liam Gallagher named best frontman ever - Mar 26, 2010
- Nothing can prepare England for bounce and pace of Gabba pitch: Ponting - Nov 10, 2010
- Former conditioner says retired Hayden fit for T20 World Cup - Dec 11, 2011
- School seeks $25mn compensation to rebuild playing fields - Mar 02, 2011
- Pastor says Oz FM Rudd to blame for floods - Jan 11, 2011
Tags: australia, barack obama, brisbane, civil manner, judgment, liam, lloyd, magistrate, motorcade, old man, prosecutors, public nuisance, queen, queensland, royal family, sydney, vulnerable position, warriner