Man finds mountain lion in his garageMay 26th, 2011 - 10:00 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Hesperia, May 26 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A man was stunned to the core when he found a young mountain lion in his garage. The report says the man initially thought he was up against a stray wild animal but never imagined that it would be a mountain lion.
The man Jesse Taylor and his family live in Hesperia which is located about 80 miles northeast of Los Angeles. When the man found the animal, he told his wife Michelle Taylor to call 911. When the emergency team arrived at the scene, they tried unsuccessfully to coax the animal from its hideout.
After two hours when they realized that the animal was not falling for the trick, the California Fish and Game, Hesperia Animal Control and San Bernardino County sheriff’s officials tranquilized the animal before capturing it and relocating it to another place.
The family believes that the animal had been in the garage since Sunday. Residents in the neighborhood said they have seen the animal the roaming at the place since Friday. Wildlife officials say it is common for young mountain lions to roam about.
Officials released the animal at the San Bernardino National Forest.
- One dead as elephants go berserk in Mysore (Lead) - Jun 08, 2011
- Leopard enters Panchkula town, causes scare - Dec 29, 2011
- Toddler killed by family dog - May 29, 2010
- Man Who Stole Dozens Fire Hydrants Taken Into Custody - Apr 26, 2010
- Pet tiger escapes, causes scare in Mexico - Dec 31, 2011
- Missing US girl, 13, fled her home 'to avoid arranged marriage in Pakistan' - Mar 04, 2011
- Man-animal conflict: Assam forms response teams - Mar 30, 2012
- Three killed in California crash (Lead) - Mar 21, 2011
- Hearst zebras killed by angry neighbors - Jan 13, 2011
- Man-animal conflict intensifies in Madhya Pradesh - Jun 01, 2011
- Runaway Armored Car Smashes Into Garage of Home - Jan 14, 2011
- Rachel Yoder killed by stray bullet fired 1.5 miles away - Dec 21, 2011
- Kidnapped Daughter Reunites with Mom On Facebook - Jun 04, 2010
- Leopard tranquilised, shifted to Kashmir's Dachigam National Park - Mar 03, 2010
- Rajasthan to develop biosphere reserve corridor - Jan 04, 2012
Tags: 911, animal control, bernardino county sheriff, california fish and game, emergency team, fish and game, hesperia, hideout, jesse taylor, michelle taylor, mountain lion, mountain lions, neighborhood, san bernardino county, san bernardino county sheriff, san bernardino national forest, wife michelle, wild animal, wildlife officials