Man arrested 250 times is in custody once againFebruary 1st, 2011 - 7:55 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Feb 1 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A man will compete highly in any ‘most arrested’ contest after being arrested more than 250 times. Not so many people in the world have been arrested that number of times.
Elijah Goodlett, had already visited the police custody 250 times and recently he was arrested again by the police. His latest arrest was because he trespassed at the O’Hare International Airport. The police took him in to their custody. 53-year-old Goodlett was charged with misdemeanor charges of criminal trespassing and soliciting unlawful business. He was arrested on Thursday on 11:30 am.
According to the police records, when Goodlett was arrested he was trying to get passengers to allow him to carry their luggage. The police refused to grant him bail after his arrest because they realized that he jumped an initial bail that was granted him in another case. He spent the night at the police custody due to that fact.
Goodlett was sent to court on Friday.
Records on Goodlett show that most of his arrests are due to similar offences of trespassing and disorderly conducts. He has been arrested at the airport for the similar offence before, according to the records available at the Chicago police.
- Controversial guru Nityananda granted bail - Jun 15, 2012
- RCB player Luke Pomersbach gets bail - May 19, 2012
- Wildlife smuggler Sansar Chand gets bail - May 31, 2012
- Storms in Chicago force 450 flight cancellations - Apr 21, 2011
- Air passenger posts bail after being arrested for wearing saggy pants - Jun 18, 2011
- IPL player Luke Pomersbach gets bail (Lead) - May 19, 2012
- Meghalaya rebel chief to move bail - Aug 09, 2012
- Israeli car blast: Kazmi seeks to know name of interrogators - Mar 31, 2012
- Tainted godman Nityananda freed on bail (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Terror charge plea against Ghandy to come up April 9 - Mar 31, 2012
- Sly fan arrested for sneaking on to his home - Aug 26, 2010
- Michael Lohan charged with domestic violence - Nov 09, 2011
- Nine Asian men held in child sex grooming case - Jan 11, 2011
- Oz teen charged for egging Justin Bieber mid-concert - May 05, 2011
- Apex court gives bail to suspended Gujarat bureaucrat - Dec 13, 2011