Lydia Paillard wakes up in hospital after being declared deadOctober 21st, 2010 - 11:04 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Paris, Oct 21 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Doctors at a clinic in the French city of Bordeaux misconstrued a 60-year-old’s “lovely sleep” for death.
The doctors declared the woman clinically dead and the clinic’s staff was waiting for the family’s permission to turn off the woman’s life support when she suddenly woke and sat on her bed.
The woman - Lydia Paillard went to the clinic for her chemotherapy session but things went wrong when the woman took her pills. According to the hospital staff, Lydia passed out quickly after taking the pills and she was put on a drip.
The woman was then examined by most of the clinic’s “experienced” physicians who all declared her clinically dead.
Lydia’s son - Serge Paillard told reporters that the doctors asked for his permission to turn off his mother’s life support and he admitted that he question was a “dreadful thing to be asked”.
He however did not have to make such a decision as the mother woke up later.
The doctor’s at the clinic later explained that the Lydia might have had an epileptic fit leading to her passing out. When she woke up, Lydia told her stunned audience that she had a “lovely sleep”. The family is demanding an explanation from the hospital on how the incident happened.
- Lydia Paillard Declared Dead by Doctors, Wakes up in Hospital - Oct 21, 2010
- 'Dead' woman comes alive in China - Aug 03, 2012
- Sports journalist Gautam Sathe dead - Oct 21, 2011
- Man 'tricks' girlfriend into committing suicide - Apr 18, 2011
- Girl in coma wakes up hearing mom sing - Jun 19, 2012
- Brazilian woman declared dead by hospital wakes up in funeral parlour - Dec 27, 2010
- Bengal hospital gets clean chit in patient denial case - Jan 15, 2012
- BJP leader's sister drugged, left to die by kin - Aug 30, 2011
- Dowry demand leads woman to suicide - Apr 19, 2012
- Pregnant Asian Muslim stabbed to death in Britain - May 09, 2012
- Harassed over dowry, woman commits suicide - May 10, 2011
- Woman dies after workers drill holes above her bed - Jul 29, 2012
- IVF clinics mushroom under toothless ICMR guidelines (Feature) - Oct 19, 2011
- Jaipur toddler drowns in bucket of water - May 15, 2012
- Woman dies after she wakes up at her funeral - Jun 24, 2011
Tags: chemotherapy, chemotherapy session, city of bordeaux, doctors, drip, epileptic fit, french city, hospital staff, lydia, paillard, paris, physicians, sleep, son serge, stunned audience, taking the pills