Lungs discovered on Los Angeles’ sidewalkJune 13th, 2012 - 8:55 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, June 13 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A pair of lungs have been discovered on a Los Angeles-area sidewalk over the weekend.
The organs were later analyzed by coroners, who established that they came from an animal and were not human, as told to media by coroner’s investigator Lieutenant Fred Corral last Tuesday.
The organs were found last Sunday night by a woman who was walking in an area just outside the limits of the city, according to a Los Angeles County Sheriff’s spokesperson. The woman then contacted police to alert them on the finding.
Police officers later turned the lungs over to the Los Angeles County Coroner for analysis.
Law enforcement authorities Corral have not yet established who left the organs in the sidewalk and the reasons why they were left there. They also did not establish from which kind of animal do the lungs come from.
Last January, a series of human remains were found in Los Angeles. Severed human head, hands and feet, were found in the foothills below the famous Hollywood sign.
Police investigators later established that the remains found belong to Hervey Coronado Medellin. The mystery of the assassination of the 66-year-old former Mexicana airlines worker still remains unsolved.
- 'Top Gun' director jumps to death - Aug 20, 2012
- Sage Stallone died of heart attack - Aug 31, 2012
- Whitney Houston died of accidental drowning - Mar 23, 2012
- Luke Magnotta had 70 Facebook pages - Jun 08, 2012
- DNA reveals nurse who moved to Vancouver was mom of dead infants found in Los Angeles - Nov 17, 2010
- Former 'Warrant' lead singer Jani Lane found dead at Los Angeles hotel - Aug 12, 2011
- Did Houston mix prescription drugs with alcohol? - Feb 13, 2012
- Statements from Jackson's family, Dr. Murray's attorney and the LA County Coroner's office - Aug 29, 2009
- Remains of two fetuses found in Los Angeles, wrapped in 1930s newspaper - Aug 18, 2010
- Mummified remains of Playboy model found at her Beverly Hills home - May 04, 2011
- Los Angeles County coroner rules Michael Jackson's death a homicide - Aug 29, 2009
- US mom charged with killing baby in microwave - Jun 23, 2011
- Mummified Body Found In Los Angeles Area - Jul 17, 2010
- Cause of Sage Stallone's death still unknown - Jul 16, 2012
- Michael Jackson's Death Ruled Homicide Officially - Aug 29, 2009
Tags: coronado, coroners, hands and feet, hollywood sign, human remains, last sunday, last tuesday, law enforcement authorities, lieutenant, los angeles county, los angeles county coroner, los angeles county sheriff, lungs, medellin, mexicana airlines, organs, police investigators, police officers, sidewalk, spokesperson