Li Xiufeng wakes up from the deadFebruary 29th, 2012 - 10:17 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Beijing, Feb 29 (THAINDIAN NEWS) When a 95-year-old granny, passed for dead, stood up from her coffin, terrified mourners took flight in any direction that they got. It was a scene straight from horror movies as Li Xiufeng started getting up from her coffin.
Xiufeng lived alone but some neighbors helped took care of her. When 60-year-old Chen Qingwang visited the older lady at her home recently, he found her motionless on her bed and not breathing. He assumed the obvious and the family started making arrangements for the funeral.
The body was placed in a casket two days later and placed in the house for four days so that the public could come and pay last respect. Qingwang said he opted against nailing the coffin shut.
However just a day before the burial, Qingwang and the other neighbors went to the house only to find the coffin empty. The villagers had the shock of their lives when they went to the house of Xiufeng and found her at the kitchen preparing a meal.
She reportedly told the stunned neighbors that, “I slept for a long time. After waking up, I felt so hungry, and wanted to cook something to eat. I pushed the lid for a long time to climb out.”
Doctors say what Xiufeng experienced was an ‘artificial death’ which can occur but the body will remain warm.
Good decision that she was not cremated or worse still taken to the morgue!
- Goa's funeral managers provide A to Z solutions (Feature) - Aug 25, 2010
- Congress MP, hundreds attend Kishenji cremation - Nov 27, 2011
- Man who buried himself alive dies by mistake - Jun 03, 2011
- Families refuse bodies of women lovers in Bengal - Feb 28, 2011
- JFK assassin Lee Harvey Oswald's coffin up for sale - Dec 02, 2010
- Guards open fire at Rabbani's funeral - Sep 23, 2011
- Hundreds honour US gurdwara shooting victims - Aug 11, 2012
- Now, you can go 'green' even after your death - Jul 01, 2010
- Baby declared dead wakes up in Argentine morgue - Apr 11, 2012
- Dead woman breathes again after being placed in the morgue - Sep 28, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba's last rites being performed in Puttaparthi - Apr 27, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba laid to rest, thousands bid farewell (Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Coffin too small for Romania's fattest man - Jul 15, 2010
- Pakistani hospital to spend Rs.20 mn on morgue - Mar 17, 2012
- Police told to produce missing man or his body - Aug 04, 2012