Italian town of Castellammare di Stabia to ban mini skirtsOctober 25th, 2010 - 9:06 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Castellammare di Stabia, Oct 25 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Pretty soon, miniskirts will be history in the Italian town of Castellammare di Stabia.
The mayor of the town, Luigi Bobbio believes that the move will “restore urban decorum and facilitate better civil co-existence”.
Already the new law has several supporters including a local priest, Don Paolo Cecere.
When the new law come into force, offenders will be fined an amount of £20. That amount is the least an offender can be made to pay. Depending on other factors, an offender can be made to pay as much as £450 for violating the law.
The town does not want to entertain any skirt that does not reach to the knees.
However that is not the only ban that the town wants to bring into force. The town also plans to ban sunbathing and football at the town’s various parks.
Though the measures can be thought of as harsh, the townsfolk seem to go along with the idea.
The priest, Don Paolo told an Italian newspaper that the law was the “right decision” in curbing the increase in sexual harassment. He said “I think it’s the right decision. It’s also a way of combating the rise in sexual harassment”.
It remains to be seen how the law will be enforced.
- Italian town considering ban of miniskirts, low-cut tops for clean image - Oct 22, 2010
- Italian town to fine women for revealing outfits - Oct 22, 2010
- Fine for women wearing miniskirts in Italian beach town - Oct 26, 2010
- Mayor of Castellammare di Stabia Proposes Miniskirt Ban - Oct 25, 2010
- Indonesia mulls mini-skirt ban - Mar 29, 2012
- Vampires discovered in Bulgaria - Jun 07, 2012
- Congress parliamentarian wants ban on 'Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum' - Aug 17, 2012
- Dress modestly or for ease? China eves debate - Jul 13, 2012
- Brazilian student Geisy Arruda wins 15,000 pounds for her mini-dress court case - Oct 08, 2010
- Travel companies go back to risque adverts to boost sales - Oct 14, 2010
- Italian ministers post salaries online - Feb 22, 2012
- Women banned from wearing mini-skirts to work - Jul 31, 2010
- Italian town prohibits use of blasphemous phrases - Feb 12, 2011
- Goa debates priest's entry into poll politics - Jan 14, 2012
- 'Khap' bans jeans, mobile phones for girls in Uttar Pradesh village - Jan 18, 2011