Indian man killed for taking too long in toiletJanuary 30th, 2012 - 10:13 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Mumbai, Jan 30 (THAINDIAN NEWS) An Indian man paid with his life when he kept ‘too long’ in the toilet at a slum in the country’s capital Mumbai. The 26-year-old was reportedly attacked by another man for taking too much time on the toilet.
During the fight between the two men, the suspect, who is now in police custody, allegedly struck the deceased on the head and that affected the brain. He fell down unconscious and died later when he was rushed to the hospital.
Witnesses say the two met got into a fight when the suspect confronted the man for taking that long in coming out. The suspect was also waiting in the line to have his go. He struck the man in the head and he fell unconscious. He escaped from the scene shortly after that. The neighbors came to the rescue of the man and rushed him to the hospital. He was pronounced dead when they got to the hospital. The suspect has been remanded in police custody by a court.
Most slum dweller in India has to do with the public toilet facilities. It is not unusual to have long queues of people waiting to have their turn.
- Lukewarm response to Team Anna fast on Day Four - Jul 28, 2012
- Anthony Michael Hall arrested - Sep 06, 2011
- Kolkata Slum dwellers' eviction a crime: Binayak Sen - Apr 29, 2012
- Wanted, decent homes for Mumbai's dabbawallas - Oct 06, 2011
- Man hospitalized after being headbutted by giraffe - Mar 06, 2012
- 70-year-old run over by Arbaaz Khan's car (Third Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Two killed, 550 shanties gutted in Delhi fires (Second Lead) - Apr 18, 2010
- A peek inside a crime don's lair - Sep 01, 2012
- Three oil plant workers suffocate to death - Jan 09, 2012
- Yoga teacher kills Israeli woman in Bangalore - May 05, 2011
- Filmmakers queue for Salman, but Sohail gets priority - Jun 09, 2012
- Police hunt for man handing out poisoned drinks at Berlin Christmas markets - Dec 10, 2011
- Labradoodle dog saves owner after ravine fall - Jan 26, 2012
- Assam's boat clinics deliver health services - and hope (With images) - Jul 11, 2012
- Man dies in police custody in Ghaziabad, two cops suspended - Jun 13, 2012