Husband Has Marriage Annulled After Wife Thinks of Other MenNovember 13th, 2010 - 2:11 am ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Nov 12 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A woman was denied alimony by Italy’s highest appeals court after her husband was granted a marriage annulment based on the fact that she had thought about having affairs with another man.
The bride theorised that a marriage did not have to necessarily include being sexually faithful, but she had never brought her idea to fruition. She discussed this theory with her husband before the wedding actually took place, and there seemed to be no issues, since he went through with the wedding.
Later, however, when he decided that he no longer wished to be married to her, he petitioned the ecclesiastical court to annul the wedding, which would allow him to remarry in the church if he so chose. Catholics who divorce in Civil Court are never allowed to remarry in church; a fact that leads to thousands of annulment petitions per year.
But even the Cassation court supported the decision of the lower court. The wife appealed to the higher court, since the annulment would grant her no alimony, but her appeal was denied, and the annulment was rewarded.
- Court overturns Church's annulment of 20-year marriage - Jan 21, 2011
- Roman court annuls marriage as wife 'thought about having an affair' - Nov 10, 2010
- Maintenance can't be denied to adulterous ex-wife: Court - Nov 20, 2011
- Court asks TV serial director to pay alimony to wife (Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- Witherspoon attends parents' court hearing - May 12, 2012
- Giving someone finger an offence: Italy's top court - Jul 09, 2010
- Apex court for law to give maintenance to 'second wife' - Oct 04, 2010
- Second appeal under Hindu Marriage Act allowed, rules court - Oct 08, 2010
- Disabled Bengali woman's marriage to be annulled - Aug 17, 2012
- Another Rajasthan woman wants annulment of child marriage - Jun 27, 2012
- Court sets aside divorce granted to man - Apr 11, 2011
- Can't ignore kin's evidence in matrimonial dispute: SC - Jul 05, 2012
- Kathy Griffin slams Kim Kardashians' marriage & divorce saga - Dec 22, 2011
- Court orders allowance for widow of sacked cop - Apr 24, 2011
- Rajasthan woman approaches court to annul child marriage - Jun 12, 2012