Human hair stolen from Beauty shopApril 26th, 2011 - 3:01 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Chicago, Apr 25 (THAINDIAN NEWS) In a ‘hair raising’ criminal event, thieves made off with human hair and premium products from Beauty One store in West Roosevelt, Chicago. The incident happened on early Sunday morning when three men arrived in a white color van and broke open the main door followed by breaking the ‘double locked’ huge steel door. They collected the ‘premium’ human hair tresses and expensive range beauty products from the store.
What surprised the owner of the store, Han, is that, the thieves did not touch the money at all and instead just looted the premium human hair. The robbery, which was worth $80,000 was completed in very short time. Although, the police alarm went off, the thieves were out of the shop and on their way by the time police could arrive.
This owner is surprised by the level of knowledge the thieves had about the type of hair and the difference between premium human hair and the synthetic one. The hair tresses are very famous amongst the Afro-American community and are used for beautification purposes.
“They know, because they have a wife and they know what they do to beautify their hair styles and how they invest their money to buy hair,” said Han. “They knew that there is a difference between synthetic hair.”
- The heat is on! Dos and don'ts for hair care - Jun 01, 2012
- Aniston's beauty a costly affair - Mar 18, 2012
- Counterfeit crackdown fear shuts entire Chinese city - Aug 11, 2012
- Obama 'touched' at being gifted book on 'Slavery' - Nov 06, 2010
- Hair-smoothing products pose serious health hazards - Apr 17, 2011
- Mamata inaugrates Ganges riverfront project - May 25, 2012
- Shops Cash in on Halloween Pet Costumes - Oct 13, 2010
- Keep that hair silky, bouncy in winter - Nov 22, 2011
- Kanwars: For Hindus by Muslims - Aug 08, 2010
- Mendes, Watts Pantene's new brand ambassadors - May 06, 2011
- This Summer - Short's Hot! - May 21, 2010
- Thieves slide out ATM on watermelon rinds! - Jan 11, 2012
- Sienna Miller once put ketchup in her hair - May 07, 2012
- Weisz's make-up woes - Apr 12, 2011
- Johnson Publishing Co. Names Desiree Rogers As CEO - Aug 11, 2010
Tags: afro american, beauty products, beauty shop, early sunday morning, hair styles, human hair, money, police alarm, premium products, robbery, roosevelt, short time, steel door, synthetic hair, thieves, three men, time police, tresses