Hippie Arrested When Christmas Tree Turns Out to be Cannabis PlantDecember 9th, 2010 - 11:58 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Dec 9 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A German hippie has brought a new meaning to “Holly Jolly Christmas” when he decorated his two metre tall cannabis plant with tinsel and ornaments, and made plans to place present beneath it. He was going to keep the same routine which he says he has on every Christmas..place gifts under his “tree”, and then open them on Christmas day.
But the police had other plans. Narcotic detective in the Rhineland Palatinate area in Germany ran across his tree during a drug bust. The man was one of the “old 68ers” which mean he was a member of a group of students back in 1968 who were involved in radical protests. In all there was about 5.3 ounces of marijuana found in his home, in addition to his Christmas Tree.
It is not the first time in which Cannabis has been used as a Holiday decoration. In 2009, and man managed to have one while in prison on drugs charges. he was able to cultivate and grow several marijuana plants, passing them off to the guard as tomato plants. His folly was discovered when he decorated one of them as a Christmas tree.
- Christmas tree turns out to be a 2-meter cannabis plant in Germany - Dec 09, 2010
- Willie Nelson offered freedom from jail if he pleads guilty, sang song - Mar 29, 2011
- Christmas tree thief caught by trail of pine needles - Dec 20, 2011
- Cannabis field found in Moscow - Aug 11, 2012
- Elderly man kills 2 doctors before killing self in southwestern Germany - Mar 07, 2012
- Tommy Hilfiger's son relieved from drug prosecution - Oct 04, 2010
- Boscov's Charity Program To Attract More Crowd - Nov 27, 2010
- Police raid home as dog wrongly smells cannabis - Dec 28, 2011
- British woman grows cannabis to pay for boob job - Mar 29, 2012
- UAE Hotel erects $11m Christmas tree - Dec 17, 2010
- 'The Social Network' actor found with pot - Jan 27, 2012
- No one cares if you smoke a joint: Schwarzenegger - Nov 09, 2010
- Love or hate tinsel, but it is evergreen - Dec 24, 2009
- Man breaks into home to put up Christmas decorations - Nov 17, 2011
- George Michael sentenced to eight weeks in jail for drug offenses - Sep 15, 2010
Tags: cannabis plant, christmas, christmas day, christmas place, christmas tree, detective, drug bust, drugs, folly, germany, hippie, holiday decoration, holly jolly christmas, marijuana plants, ornaments, palatinate area, place gifts, protests, tinsel, tomato plants