Girl taken into care in Portugal by police after drunk parents abandon herSeptember 7th, 2012 - 8:45 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Sep 7 (THAINDIAN NEWS) In an astonishing situation a girl of two years was found on a busy highway while her parents were unaware of her danger as they were drunk.
Fortunately, the police were quick to react and rescued the girl who was crying and the police had the task of having to comfort her. On the other hand, her parents who should have been thankful to the police for having rescued their daughter instead had negative utterances.
The police were kind enough to extend their courtesy to the child and they fed her some food before they headed to the police station. A file was immediately taken to the prosecutors who had the task of deciding whether to press charges or not.
The police spokesperson Paulo made a comment that the girl was found playing by the side of a busy road. Those who were using the road showed their concern and decided to take the child to avoid the chances of an accident from happening.
It is then that they took the chance of notifying the police of this issue. The police noticed that when they arrived the girl was hungry and it is then that they bought her some food.
- Abducted toddler rescued; maid arrested (Roundup) - Apr 27, 2011
- Police book Ram Lila organisers for girl's death - Oct 07, 2011
- US cop finds starving, caged 6-yr-old eating her own flesh to live - May 04, 2011
- Police arrest child killer employer - Apr 21, 2011
- Youth arrested for trying to rape minor - Feb 18, 2012
- Unwitting Brazilian family used explosive device as doorstop - May 01, 2012
- New-born girl dumped near sewer in Udaipur - Apr 14, 2012
- Woman who sold child found - still starving - Jul 19, 2012
- Rajasthan couple tries to bury new born girl alive - Jul 03, 2012
- Girl child found abandoned in Rajasthan - Jun 05, 2012