German police hunt runaway kangarooJune 20th, 2012 - 9:18 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Berlin, June 19 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Around 6 am on Tuesday, officers were called to the small village of Hülshagen (Lower Saxony) after eyewitnesses claimed to have spotted a one-metre tall kangaroo running loose in their neighborhood, according to local media.
The officers raced to the scene, and found the kangaroo sitting on a garden lawn that had been freshly-cut. After taking a photo of the kangaroo, the four law enforcement officers had found the fugitive kangaroo named Bernhard and cornered him in a garden.
However, they were unable to capture him, and the marsupial escaped from the police and run away into nearby fields. Police claim that Bernhard is privately owned. They claim that the kangaroo lives in the nearby village of Lüdersfeld. His owner has apparently kept Bernhard in an enclosure that surrounded by two-metre tall fencing.
Law enforcement authorities do not believe that the bouncing marsupial is a danger to the general public. Nevertheless, they do not expect Bernhard to return to his home voluntarily.
For this reason, they are currently still looking for him and have asked the public to come forward if they see the missing kangaroo.
- Sweeden's park where wolves killed Zookeeper now offers "wild encounters" to its visitors - Jun 19, 2012
- Kolkata zoo to get kangaroos - May 19, 2011
- Giant carrion-stinking flower blooms in Swiss botanical garden - Apr 24, 2011
- Two Miami police officers killed while serving warrant - Jan 21, 2011
- Wolves kill wildlife park worker - Jun 18, 2012
- Smith's embarrassing first-ball duck after getting selected in Oz Ashes squad - Nov 20, 2010
- Indian Canadian wanted in 1999 slaying arrested in US - Aug 24, 2011
- US most wanted fugitive caught in Mexico - Jul 15, 2012
- Delhi civic body tightens anti-tobacco measures - Jul 15, 2011
- Mughal Gardens unfold floral carpets, 120 rose varieties - Feb 09, 2012
- Klan Snowman With A Noose Offends Idaho Home's Neighbors - Dec 03, 2010
- Warning of rising seas alarmist and wrong - Dec 06, 2010
- Secret of kangaroo's gravity defying leaps unravelled - Mar 11, 2011
- Falling coconut kills Colombian man - Aug 28, 2010
- Eiffel Tower evacuated over bomb scare - Dec 10, 2011
Tags: berlin, bernhard, eyewitnesses, fencing, german police, kangaroo, law enforcement authorities, law enforcement officers, local media, lower saxony, marsupial, nearby fields, nearby village, neighborhood, photo, police claim, police hunt