Florida pelican ends up at Canadian strip clubFebruary 11th, 2011 - 7:31 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Florida, Feb 11 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Canadian officials are stunned as to why a pelican made a 1,400 mile journey from Florida to the country. The animal was found on a roof of a strip club in Canada.
Animal rescuers were called by the management of the strip club that they have an unusual visitor at their place. When they got there, they found the pelican. After its tag was run, the rescuers identified that the animal had made the trip from Florida.
There is a possible explanation as to why the pelican ended up in Canada. The animal was found in Canada in September and that was the time that Hurricane Earl struck the coast Florida.
Makes sense to think that the bird was whirled up to Canada by the strong winds. The only other question that is still outstanding is how the animal ended up at the strip club of all places.
In any case, the rescuers have to return the animal to Florida. They are faced with a dilemma because they have to come up with an ingenious way to transport the animal.
A spokesperson for the rescue team told reporters that, “Somebody suggested that I take him in the seat beside me. But I don’t think the passengers would like that, he’s really strong smelling.”
- Brain sniffs out smells before the nose - Oct 09, 2011
- Hurricane Earl threatens US East Coast - Sep 01, 2010
- New tool to calculate hurricane risk finds Miami most vulnerable - Aug 08, 2010
- Hurricane Earl becomes major category three storm as it nears the Virgin Islands - Aug 30, 2010
- Hurricane Earl threatens Caribbean - Aug 30, 2010
- Cold weather kills rare pelicans in Russia - Feb 21, 2012
- Dog rescued from a roof on Bay Shore - Jun 08, 2011
- Hurricane Earl Travels To Nova Scotia - Sep 04, 2010
- Some sharks navigate to specific locations up to 50km away: Study - Mar 02, 2011
- Some sharks follow 'mental map' to navigate seas - Mar 10, 2011
- Public Advisory Issued as Hurricane Earl Strengthens to Category 3 - Aug 30, 2010
- Hundreds of dead pelicans found in Peru - Apr 30, 2012
- Hurricane Season is active and could get worse! - Sep 16, 2010
- Birds Frozen In Oil Battling For Survival In Louisiana Coast - Jun 06, 2010
- Pelicans have resisted winds of evolutionary change, reveals fossil evidence - Jun 23, 2010