Fire squad pulls racehorse from a swimming poolJuly 20th, 2011 - 11:15 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Melbourne, July 20 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Firefighters had a hard time in Melbourne on Tuesday when they had to rescue a racehorse from the swimming pool. The race horse in question was a 6 year old stallion who had somehow landed in a swimming pool, that was located behind a house in Pinewood Drive.
This isn’t the first time that such an incident has happened. According to reports, on Monday, a man was riding his horse near Port St. John when somehow they both ended up in a pond where they drowned.
The Pinewood Drive is near to the Aurora Road and John Rodes Boulevard where numerous equestrian farms are present. Thus horses roaming around are a common enough sight in the region.
The stallion managed to land in the pool, where 3 boys were already swimming. “One of the horses from the pasture was able to nose his way into the pool enclosure through a slightly ajar door. The boys tried to lead it away, but it got spooked,” according to Lt. Jeff Taylor, who is the fire-rescue spokesman.
The homeowner was then forced to call 911 and 3 firefighters responded to his call who also happened to be specialists in animal-rescue. They tried in vain to lead the horse to land and were only successful in doing so, after they drugged the horse and then brought him to safety.
- Boy drowns to death in school pool - Aug 16, 2012
- Stallion semen at Kiwi Wildfoods festival will leave one 'raring to go' - Feb 18, 2011
- Teen drowns in unauthorised swimming pool - Aug 20, 2012
- UK radio series to highlight Churchill's unknown skills - Mar 14, 2011
- When Queen was offered horse sperm as gift - May 20, 2011
- Adele gifts herself 7-million-pound mansion - Feb 26, 2012
- Government withdraws equestrian and kayaking teams from Asian Games - Nov 13, 2010
- Jharkhand swimmers practise on the ground! - Jan 25, 2011
- Racehorses came from Europe, not Arabia - Oct 06, 2010
- Russian firefighting plane to help Serbia - Aug 26, 2012
- Ride horse to work, say equestrian enthusiasts - Jun 03, 2011
- A horse that is just 14 inches tall - Apr 26, 2010
- British patient kicked to death by horse - Apr 15, 2012
- Thane schoolgirl drowns in Lonavala school pool - Jun 04, 2012
- I hate riding horses: Stewart - May 27, 2012
Tags: 911, animal rescue, aurora road, boulevard, equestrian farms, fire rescue, firefighters, hard time, horses, jeff taylor, john rodes, pasture, pool enclosure, port st john, race horse, racehorse, spokesman, stallion, swimming pool, time in melbourne