Elizabeth Davies Sprayed Kids who Smelled of CurryFebruary 15th, 2011 - 10:43 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Feb 15 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A British teacher was brought into a disciplinary hearing for spraying air freshener on Asian students who smelled like curry. Forty eight year old Elizabeth Davies stood accused of humiliating the kids, who were between the ages of three and six years old, by spraying the scent on them in nursery school.
At the hearing, it was said that Ms. Davies accused her Bangladeshi students of smelling like curry and onions, and stated, “there is a waft coming in from paradise” just before she sprayed air freshener all over them.
She is also accused of spraying kids when they passed gas, and washing students hands in pine cleaner. Ms Davies also allegedly forced kids to stand on newspapers when they accidentally urinated on themselves.
Davies has been a nursery school teacher for the last twenty years, and had been teaching at the inner city school where most of her students are Bangladeshi a few years prior. In the hearing which was held at the General Teaching Council for Wales, it was also told that she had also been fired from that position at a primary school in Swansea because of “child protection concerns.”
According to the Telegraph UK, Ms Davies faces no charges in the hearing, and has been suspended with full pay for eighteen months while the investigation is carried out. The hearing is ongoing although she has been dismissed.
- Elizabeth Davies sprayed air-freshener on kids who smelled of curry - Feb 15, 2011
- UK teacher banned for 2-yrs for spraying Asian pupils with air freshener - Feb 17, 2011
- UK teacher 'sprayed Asian pupils with air freshener for smelling of curry' - Feb 15, 2011
- Briton used air freshener on Asian kids - Feb 15, 2011
- Traditional pot pourri is dying as Brits spend millions on air fresheners - Feb 05, 2011
- Scented candles can contain harmful chemicals in them - Mar 16, 2011
- How a 'rich' school tagged poor students - Aug 14, 2011
- Ohio Teacher Accused of Sleeping on Job Fired - Nov 13, 2010
- Oz teacher banned for telling female student she would be 'spicy in bed' - Apr 29, 2011
- Fragranced products emit unlisted 'toxic' chemicals, shows study - Oct 31, 2010
- TV images to come alive with evocative aromas - Oct 21, 2010
- 'Scrooge' teacher reined in over Santa gaffe - Dec 05, 2011
- Court issues notice on lack of teachers in air force school (Lead) - Jan 02, 2012
- Elderly Chinese teacher molests 10 schoolgirls - Apr 20, 2012
- British teacher charged with having sex chats with pupils - Dec 04, 2010
Tags: air freshener, asian students, bangladeshi students, british teacher, curry, disciplinary hearing, general teaching council, inner city school, ms davies, newspapers, nursery school teacher, onions, protection concerns, six years, students hands, swansea, telegraph uk, twenty years, waft, wales