Drunk moose stuck up in tree in GothenburgSeptember 8th, 2011 - 7:09 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Gothenburg, Sept 8 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A drunk moose got trapped between the branches of an apple tree in Gothenburg. The animal apparently ate some fermented apples and got high. The animal then got stuck on top of the tree and it took the intervention of rescuers to get the animal off the tree.
The animal was still dazed when it was freed from the tree. After resting on the ground overnight, locals watched as the moose stuttered onto its feet and walked away with hangover. Local resident Per Johansson was the first to see the animal trapped. He revealed that his initial assessment was that it was a prank.
However when he found that the animal was indeed trapped, he called the police. In an interview with the Swedish newspaper The Local, Johansson said that, “I thought at first that someone was having a laugh. Then I went over to take a look and spotted an elk stuck in an apple tree with only one leg left on the ground…My neighbor recognized it as the animal that almost ran into her car earlier in the day. She was pretty sure the elk was already under the influence.”
This is not the first instance of a moose getting drunk. In 2007, there was another incident in Sweden which resulted in the death of the animal. The drunken moose got drowned after it fell through an ice. The animal had eaten fermented apples in that instance as well.
- Smiling owl caught on camera in Washington Olympic National Park - Mar 01, 2012
- PMO denies giving charge of IPL probe to Chidambaram - Apr 23, 2010
- Jimmy - the painting chimp creates a sensation at the Brazilian zoo - Sep 22, 2010
- Beyonce, Thandie help Haiti with fashion auction - Apr 23, 2010
- Will consider parliament panel probe into IPL: Mukherjee - Apr 23, 2010
- US, China to hold human rights talks in May - Apr 23, 2010
- US condemns violence in Thailand - Apr 23, 2010
- Lohan gets another chance to show up for deposition - Apr 23, 2010
- Sensex up 106 points in opening trade - Apr 23, 2010
- IPL should not be banned: Raj Thackeray - Apr 23, 2010
- Beckham style haircut helps detect cancer - Apr 23, 2010
- Rajya Sabha adjourned for the day over IPL (Lead) - Apr 23, 2010
- Iran sanctions matter of days: Biden - Apr 23, 2010
- Overworked Britons prefer email to sex - Apr 23, 2010
- Reprocessing deal may sail through US Congress - Apr 23, 2010